Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:02 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:16 pm 
Retro Guru

Afternoon all :)

I line in North London (N8), work in The City and my girlfriend lives in Richmond so am up for any of these suggestions!

Not tried it yet but there are a few tracks and woods around Crouch End/Archway/Hampstead Heath way - anyone had a go?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:15 pm 
Retro Guru

yagamuffin wrote:

I line in North London (N8), work in The City and my girlfriend lives in Richmond so am up for any of these suggestions!

Not tried it yet but there are a few tracks and woods around Crouch End/Archway/Hampstead Heath way - anyone had a go?

After a trip to the LBS today I got my Prestige working and went for a short ride. Up Parkland Walk to Queens Woods, looks really good there, not a very big area but easy to forget you're in London, some wide and very fast trails, not many others about either which surprised me. Nice to know theres a little bit of space to ride in the big smoke :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:18 am 
Retro Guru

yagamuffin wrote:

Often pass through Hampstead on rides which isn't bad as long as it's not too busy (not often :roll: ). If staying local I tend to ride around Trent Park and the surrounding area which isn't bad for a blast, or if making a day of it head out to Epping Forest... Plenty to keep you occupied out there 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 11:55 pm 
Retro Guru

I'm in Twickenham, so any riding around Richmond area, give me a knock/pm....always up for it.

On that note, anyone got any ideas for riding which involve a bit of up and down and rumpy pumpy in this vicinity that is closer than Surrey Hills by any chance?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 11:31 pm 
Dirt Disciple

I'm in South East London West Thamesmead to be exact right on the river, I'd be intrested in meeting up for a pootle?
We have a lovely river front ride which runs all the way from Kent to Greenwich with couple of really nice pubs near the O2, has a bit of trail down near Kent way which I've done a few times any one intrested?

Only thing is I'm not running a Oldskool bike atm and am a newbie :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 2:35 am 

yagamuffin wrote:

Up past kenwood house on spaniards road, past the pub, theres a fun little section of wood with some fun singletrack, few jumps and drop offs for those who like to get air. fun place to ride just a tad small but i'm sure there's a bit more around it to be discovered.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 7:21 am 
King of the DuckBoard
King of the DuckBoard

yagamuffin wrote:

If i were you i'd move in with the GF as then you have the best part of London with Richmond pk, Wimbledon common, Oxshot, Esher close by
North London is rubbish

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:44 pm 

Have you guys tried "Beastway" at Hog Hill (Redbridge Cycling Centre)?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:57 pm 
Retro Guru

One fat bastard from Sydenham here! :)

And have a feeling that it's Dave who rides past my house now and again on a Pace.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:40 pm 
Gold Trader / PoTM Winner / RB Rider
Gold Trader / PoTM Winner / RB Rider

Just seen a guy on A Klein in Eltham . his girlfriend was on a retro bike too , but not sure what it was .

Sylvain , registered on here has just won the last round of Beastway .