Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGreenRabbit

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Any one interested this year ?

http://www.brightonbigdog.com/

Noted for it's great atmosphere and cracking course, this years event will not only offer more of the same, but now with added chunks. More singletrack, more partying, more categories, more close racing, more laid back fun, more of the type of event that sold out in it's first year.
This 6 hour race around the ancient parkland trails of Stanmer Park featuring testing climbs and awesome singletrack, guarantees a whole lot of fun! This is still a non-profit race. A hefty chunk of the profits will go behind the bar for the big party in Brighton afterwards. Well, everyone seemed to have such a good time last time, we'd thought we'd do it again. The remainder will go to our designated cycling charity.
This time there are 5 different categories to enter. Solo, Pairs, Team of Three and Open Retro (pre-95 bikes only). Open Retro, still supported by Retrobike (www.retrobike.co.uk), now can be entered as a pair or as a team of three. There will also be a youth race earlier on in the day in conjunction with VC Jubilee (www.vcjubilee.co.uk) so now all the youngsters won't be left out from riding one of the best courses in the country. Prizes will be awarded for the top 3 of each category as well as the "Hot Dog" award from Ricardo (www.ricardo.com) for the fastest lap of the race. Can Rich Mardle keep this frighteningly expensive trophy for another year? A special trophy for the 6hr solo winner involving titanium tubing and a Brighton Big Dog head tube badge is being worked up too. Will Yanto Barker be back to defend the title and scoop this unique trophy to go with his winners jersey?
If you fancy a one lap scoot around to see what everyone is talking about then why not enter the Oneder Dog fun category on the day. It comes with free tea and cake too! Last year, thanks to so many generous sponsors we had over £11,000 of prizes as this looks set to grow again this year.
Check out the Brighton Big Dog Twitter feed for more information as it happens. www.twitter.com/brightonbigdog

I prefer racing with Wu than racing in a team with him. After running dead last then getting in to a fight with another chap when I rode a lap of Mayhem with year I have decided that this is far more fun than riding in a team with him where he moans and grumbles, changes his socks, changes them again, fiddles with his bike moving the saddle up then down before changing a tyre and finding a different pair of gloves and ultimately deciding he doesn't want to race leaving me scrabbling about for a team mate.

So thanks for your offer Green Rabbit but no, I don't want to be on Wu's team again :LOL:

TheGreenRabbit":1tfdzds1 said:
i believe in fixies":1tfdzds1 said:
:D Do they have a Retro solo category or is it Retro pairs again?

Do you not want to race with Wu again ?

sorry to disappoint you all, but I am shooting a wedding on this day, so I won't be 'racing' at all.

:LOL:

So I'll be pairing up with Tad AKA i believe in fixies for a retro team of 2. :cool: :)

Is anyone else racing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back