Aftermath...4/9/2010, and car accident that followed!

Piperdave

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Hi all,

Had a great day out. Nice to meet Da-Evo and his mate (who's name saddly escapes me, sorry), and Anthony. All three were obviously much fitter than me :oops: , and could've covered more ground in less time, but stayed with me, and occasionally came back to see where i was. :cool: Thanks guys, it was much appreciated.

The route is here...( forgot to say that i switched the GPS on late...after about 1 ml into route, sorry)

http://ridewithgps.com/routes/170706

Tiredness was setting in after we reached Chantry Post, as i didn't clock the fact that we went down the wrong track, though to be honest, the correct one was barely noticable. We went through parts of Sussex i had never visited, so all in all, i feel the ride was a success

Highlights were the views, chasing Pheasants down a track, and spotting the deer in Angmering Woods.

I had to stop at the Worlds End as, after 3 hrs solid ride, i just needed a break, but was (hopefully) able to point Da-evo's party back to the start and their car.

Anthony stayed with me for a drink, and i led him down to the seafront at Worthing, his choice of route home.

It was there that the accident happened :shock:

I saw the car from quite a distance away, you know how you can spot them! It drove savagely at a pedestrian, and only stopped inches from their legs. Baffled, the walker carried on and as we went past it drove straight into Antony, with such force as to remove the front bumper :shock:

Bravely, Anthony continued on, leaving a supprised, and crying child, a broken RC car, and a very apologetic mother, who was wondering how t put it all back together :D

Just for once, Bike 1 Car 0 :twisted:

Post.jpg

All that way for this...The Post at Chantry Post :D

Anthony.jpg

Anthony and his Kona

Chant1.jpg

My "Gaspipe" and one of the othe two bikes (my memory is really bad at the moment, sorry guys)

Chant2.jpg

Da-Evo (?)

Thanks for a good day fella's

Back