|South East GPS Routes
|Page 1 of 2|
|Author:||TheGreenRabbit [ Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:19 pm ]|
|Post subject:||South East GPS Routes|
1 - This thread is for links to your GPS routes ONLY
2 - Discussion thread - http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=107494
3 - I am only making this a sticky as a trial.
4 - I don’t have a GPS, but sleep North/South, so I am magnetized like a compass and never get lost.
|Author:||Piperdave [ Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:04 pm ]|
Routes in the Cissbury, Chanctonbury, Worthing, Shoreham, Littlehampton, and Arundel areas by Piperdave.
Even if you don't have GPS, you should be able to work out where these are on a map, and follow them. I hope this will be a good resource for local and visiting riders.
A short circuit of Cissbury Ring, starting from Worthing (A27)
A long ride to Littlehampton, up the river Arun, to Arundel. Back via Burpham, and Angmering Woods
End to end route through woods North of Worthing. Hardest part is getting up to the start
Circular route to Chanctonbury, and Cissbury rings, from my house. Start at 1 mile to start at a pub!
End to end, Sompting, Chanctonbury, SDW, Chantry Post, Angmering Woods, Worlds End.
Christs Hospital to Worthing on the Downs Link, a disused railway. Plenty of pubs on route. Train to Crists Hospital. We went on a Sunday, and were told that if group was more than three, fares were half price!
As i do more and longer routes, or modify routes so they start at pubs or bike shops, i will update and post the here. Other routes i have done can be accessed by clicking the link in my signature
|Author:||DA-EVO [ Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:10 pm ]|
I will update these routes as I complete / edit them.
1) Starts Brighton Palace Pier. Loop via saltdean. MTB off/on road 25km. Est. 350m climb http://ridewithgps.com/routes/164868
2) Variation of the above. Loop via saltdean. MTB off/on road 25km. http://ridewithgps.com/routes/136327
3) Starts Patcham recreation ground and loops round through Pyecombe. MTB on/off road 12.5km 300m climb http://ridewithgps.com/routes/136402
4) South Downs Way 100 miles offroad http://ridewithgps.com/trips/435716
5) Part of Downs Link to Shoreham http://ridewithgps.com/trips/476490
1) CTC Run Steyning to Billingshurst and Loop. On Road. 62km. No cuesheet. http://ridewithgps.com/routes/166305
Trail Centres / Woods
1) Bedgebury Red run (most of) 250m climb (estimated). http://ridewithgps.com/trips/153577
2) Gisbourn Forest Trail centre http://ridewithgps.com/trips/153578
My profile: http://ridewithgps.com/users/15381
Strava profile: http://www.strava.com/athletes/337675
|Author:||BobCatMax [ Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:54 pm ]|
Short and fast trip from Stanmer Park. Killer hill at the start - http://ridewithgps.com/trips/97606
The others i've got a fairly "me" specific, and Dave posted the only other one i'd put up, lol
will add more as and when
|Author:||tintin40 [ Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:57 pm ]|
Here is a nice route
http://www.gpsies.com/map.do;jsessionid ... rdmqvehcql
|Author:||Piperdave [ Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:26 pm ]|
Looks nice TinTin. I'll give it a go, but not in this weather!
|Author:||BobCatMax [ Tue May 10, 2011 2:40 pm ]|
Absolute monster of a ride with Steve and Konaman1..
Lord of the Rings..
|Author:||Piperdave [ Tue May 10, 2011 6:03 pm ]|
Missed a ring though
|Author:||Augustus [ Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:51 pm ]|
Good links all.
|Author:||bryan555 [ Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:21 pm ]|
Thought I'd add this: the Arundel loop, recorded on the Retrobike ride back in March
|Page 1 of 2||All times are UTC [ DST ]|
|Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group