XMAS PARTY 4th Dec 2010 - Brighton

TheGreenRabbit

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Just a few drink on a saturday evening, at a location near a train station, I am plumping for Brighton,

But if some one wants to organise somthing more, let me know and more than likely I will let you !!

A early December Saturday evening. 4th or the 11th ?

2/11/10 UPDATE - 4th DEC 2010 - Time and location TBC
But meeting early evening for a food and a few drinks.

Re: XMAS PARTY ?

TheGreenRabbit":358fsz29 said:
Just a few drink on a saturday evening, at a location near a train station, I am plumping for Brighton,

But if some one wants to organise somthing more, let me know and more than likely I will let you !!

A early December Saturday evening. 4th or the 11th ?

With my arm thoroughly twisted, I could possibly check out a few pubs in the Brighton station area, for research purposes, and this event only, of course.

I like the sound of that. We won't even have to ride old bicycles first to justify meeting for some beer :D

The Sussex Yeoman is nice. Or The Eddy. The Windmill is great, but a bit further from the station. Lots of nice pubs in the North Laine area not far from the station – The Eagle, The Basketmakers...

bryan555":1r0zquwb said:
I like the sound of that. We won't even have to ride old bicycles first to justify meeting for some beer :D

The Sussex Yeoman is nice. Or The Eddy. The Windmill is great, but a bit further from the station. Lots of nice pubs in the North Laine area not far from the station – The Eagle, The Basketmakers...

The Yeoman is good but its more of a food pub and if you want to book a table to sit at its best to do it before-hand. I know the owner so thats not a problem with a bit of notice.

As for The Eddy... erm, I heard of it! I won't say how often I am in there but if the date end in the letters d.a.y there is a strong possibility. Not a problem to organise something there either I am sure. Windmill is good, Eagle is great but gets busy and I don't really visit the Basketmakers but its OK.

Geek club I am in also visits the Florist, good beer, and no doubt its worth an ask. So yeah, much agreed, sounds good.

So, if we are going to do this, can we have a straw poll on whether peoples want food or they just want to cut straight to the beer!

Beer is easier, food is not hard to organise but would need a little bit of notice.

Thanks

D

Im easy either way.

Food might be a little more civilised (and fill the stomach prior to all that beer..)

BobCatMax":38cr5e15 said:
Im easy either way.

Food might be a little more civilised (and fill the stomach prior to all that beer..)

Seconded.

Shall we all go out to dinner?

:)

I recently sent DA-EVO a PM saying maybe drinks would be easier to organise! I was worrying that we wouldn't be able to get folk to commit, making it hard to book. That said, it would be more civilised to sit and eat. :)

Back