December 19th - South Downs - last ride before Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,
If it's ok with you I might try and make it down for this. A 'newbie' when it comes to MTB side of things as mainly a retro-road man. However, after buying a '97 Marin Hawk Hill off the site a few months back I have been using my Saturday morning's tackling the Downs (I live in Lewes) on my own between Brighton and Firle so am 'getting there' I guess :)
Be nice to ride with a few bods for a change as all my mates here are strictly tarmac and have yet to be convinced that getting covered in mud and exhausted to the point of sleep is for them :p

wired99":1koauzzw said:
Hi guys,
If it's ok with you I might try and make it down for this. A 'newbie' when it comes to MTB side of things as mainly a retro-road man. However, after buying a '97 Marin Hawk Hill off the site a few months back I have been using my Saturday morning's tackling the Downs (I live in Lewes) on my own between Brighton and Firle so am 'getting there' I guess :)
Be nice to ride with a few bods for a change as all my mates here are strictly tarmac and have yet to be convinced that getting covered in mud and exhausted to the point of sleep is for them :p

you are more than welcome, if you have lights its worth bringing them along just in case !

And I will not be carrying alternative gloves, tyre, worlds crappest (but lightest) pump, spare tube...

Further more we will not be stopping behind the first tree we reach for a wee, we will leave our saddles at the height they're set at when we leave the car park and not stop 5 TIMES to raise or lower said saddle.

We will however heckle people and get in to fights with irksome &*(^ trumpets.

Go on the Wiggle Monkey!
Adopt rickets position!
Executing rickets position!
and of course, go on Barry!

Wu-Tangled":or0sg2rj said:
Anthony":or0sg2rj said:
and before any one askes (you know who you are) I will not carry your socks !!

oh go on... ;)
Although it says I wrote that, I didn't do so. That sentence has been added to my post by somebody else.

I appreciate that forum administrators may need to have the ability to amend other people's posts, but you shouldn't use it unless it is necessary. In this case, it wasn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back