Swinley Forest MTB ride 1/12/19

Re:

anything will do, i usually ride my modern Orange P7, or Orange Four if i want a comfy ride.

you could happily ride a 26" wheeled rigid bike with retro brakes, nothing overly technical but still fun.

i'll be riding modern as my back has been dodgy just recently, probabl the P7, or that being said i'll have my new Kona Big Honzo built by then, hmm . . . choices

Re:

It's pretty much all singletrack through woodland and no massive hills. All the trails are surfaced, so whilst they're still a bit bumpy and sometimes rooty there shouldn't be too much mud.

Last time I rode there was a few years ago and I was on a Kirk and I got on fine. If I can ride it on that you should be ok on anything.

My_Teenage_Self":p1loiz2m said:
*dare I ask...*

Should I bring retro...? My Nice old bikes have already been tucked away for the winter :)

Ride retro if you can, I'm pretty sure I will but don't worry too much just ride whatever you want, it's all bikes innit. A friend of mine might even bring an e bike.

You can ride retro easily. I've only ridden retro there. You'll easily keep up with the modern bikes (and pass them on anything up), fitness pending.

Sadly I have to duck out now; work has thrown a spanner.

Re:

Retro will be fine. I usually ride a rigid single speed there with bigger wheels, but have ridden retro and it was good. Friend of mind does it on a cx bike and doesn’t crash much.

Of course, you can join the masses and go for a full enduro e-bike and give it large.

Latest posts

Back