Gosh, Its quiet in here. Who fancies a cobweb duster? SDL?

KeepItSteel

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Am feeling guilty for lack of miles, but lack of fitness and baby at home doesn’t equal much energy or spare time..

I need a couple confidence building rides, skirting the major hills ideally. Therefore I’m thinking about a South Downs Link cruise from Guildford to Shoreham by Sea.
Not exactly known for its challenging undulating terrain, this route follows a nice flat former train line. 35 miles’ish IIRC. Several nice coffee points and a brewery en route.

How about a date in July? Any of you interested?

used to live in Guilford, a bit too far for me to come though i think.

Re:

I could be keen, although SDL is a bit monotonous? What's the plan when we get to Shoreham, do we get the train back to Guildford?

For sure, the SDL isn't the most exciting course, was just thinking it would be a nice way to get a few miles into the legs with a couple of nice pit stops en route.

I'd personally be looking to ride home from Shoreham but the train station should offer homeward access for anyone else.

Re:

Not sure I'd make it. I think I'd end up spending more time on the train getting to Guildford and then getting home from Shoreham than I would riding my bike.

Re: Re:

tim75":1mymdia2 said:
Not sure I'd make it. I think I'd end up spending more time on the train getting to Guildford and then getting home from Shoreham than I would riding my bike.

Likewise. Anything in Kent I might be up for...

Re:

I'd be up for it if we could somehow make a loop out of it, starting and finishing at the same place?

Trouble is, it's a straight line..
Unless you fancied a there and back trip?..(70 miles!). In which case starting from Shoreham would work a treat for me. Perhaps a shortened distance, say, up to Cranleigh and back for example?

Re:

Yeah I realise it's a straight line! What I meant is that with your local knowledge of the area you might be able to think of a route that started and finished in the same place, using the SDL but with perhaps other trails incorporated in to the route for either the outward or homebound journey.

Or yes we could just go up it and back again as far as we wanted.

Re:

Ride from Shoreham to Dark Star drink beer ride back, fall asleep on the train ;)
Will come along if possible, havent got much planned for july :)

Mick

Latest posts

Back