Free stuff...

Re:

Well i have loads of bikes I'd like to get working, so all sorts really.

Got a couple of stuck seatposts.

Got a full sus rsp Raleigh from 99 that needs various things (probably the one I'm most keen on getting going but might need a part or 2).

But loads of others too from 80s onward so whatever takes your fancy!

And i don't want to keep it all, so while i have some that i wouldn't want to part with i can be fairly flexible if there's something you like.

Are you in Brighton?

Re:

I'd want to meet up beforehand ideally, make sure i know who I'm dealing with. Not aimed at you particularly but just thought i should mention that in the thread!

I've dissolved some aluminium seatposts with caustic soda before but can be a bit messy!

I'm not in Brighton but nearer Portsmouth, not a million miles away.

Yeah sure, I ride with some other local members on here occasionally who might be able to give me a reference!

Re:

Met tim75 on a local ride once, while of course he might be some kind of lunatic, he certainly doesn't seem like one :D Nice guy. I might also be able to offer some time to you, I'm nearer but reliant on public transport -- should also mention I have to use crutches to get around these days but I'm still a pretty good mechanic excepting suspension stuff.

Re:

Thanks mate, much appreciated. I'm gonna meet Tim at some point (when we can both find time!) and will see how it goes from there. I may be driving over your way at some point...

Latest posts

Back