Regoinal mtb ride AFTERMTH

Mike Muz

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
Bontrager Fan
Feedback
View
So after a night of thunder and lightning, the day started surprisingly dry and sunny.

Rode all the way to the meeting place, a local tea rooms, and had coffee while I waited for the south coast retrobike massive to turn up.

IMG_20180422_093242 by Michael Murray, on Flickr

IMG_20180422_093703 by Michael Murray, on Flickr

Tim75 turned up, so off we went knowing no-one else could be bothered.

So up over Highdown, and onto the edge of Angmering Park Estate we rode, stopping for a photo opportunity.

IMG_20180422_101942 by Michael Murray, on Flickr

Then headed along the Monarchs Way, then over towards Cissbury Ring, starting to warm up now, trails were dry apart from the odd puddle, too :cool:.

IMG_20180422_105656 by Michael Murray, on Flickr

Around the back of the ring we went, riding east and up towards the top of Steyning Bowl.

IMG_20180422_114543 by Michael Murray, on Flickr

Along some top singletrack, then on the South Downs Way towards Chanctonbury Ring. Avoiding the main track, opting to go around it on the descent, towards the A24.

IMG_20180422_120949 by Michael Murray, on Flickr

After which we started the long climb back up to the SDW. Bumpy due to horses, not helping progress!

IMG_20180422_122426 by Michael Murray, on Flickr

I think much to Tims relief, this was the last descent towards the stop at Amberley Tea Rooms. ;)

IMG_20180422_125623 by Michael Murray, on Flickr

And for those of you who think I'm a racehead, this is what I had.

IMG_20180422_131807 by Michael Murray, on Flickr

THAT is the reality! It's lovely here, and surprisingly quiet, too.

IMG_20180422_131824 by Michael Murray, on Flickr

I didn't like to break the news, but we had a bit more uphill riding to do after cake! I've not seen that look on your face before, Tim! :LOL: :LOL:

IMG_20180422_135201 by Michael Murray, on Flickr

Oh yes, ahem, another climb :facepalm:

IMG_20180422_140301 by Michael Murray, on Flickr

Before heading back towards APE, much to the curiosity of some residents :shock:

IMG_20180422_142606 by Michael Murray, on Flickr

In A.P.E. a nice carpet of bluebells,

IMG_20180422_143551 by Michael Murray, on Flickr

IMG_20180422_144122 by Michael Murray, on Flickr

Then back to where we met up.

A lovely ride with a good rider and great trail and weather conditions. Really enjoyed it, thanks for showing up, Tim!

Mike

Re:

Looks like you had a great day Mike, don't suppose Tim was to bothered with the hilly bits ;) managed to get a few hours in the road before family commitments took over....hope to catch up over the bank holiday weekend maybe ?

Mick

Re: Re:

godders":2hw8cqeu said:
Looks like you had a great day Mike, don't suppose Tim was to bothered with the hilly bits ;) managed to get a few hours in the road before family commitments took over....hope to catch up over the bank holiday weekend maybe ?

Mick

Yes Mick,

That would be good. We can catch up and talk about our new jobs then mate!

Mike

Re: Re:

Mike Muz 67":1h93pj0o said:
godders":1h93pj0o said:

Mick

Yes Mick,

That would be good. We can catch up and talk about our new jobs then mate!

Mike

You have a new job as well !! Very intriguing ! Definitely sort something out then either on or off road will be great :)

Mick

Thanks for today Mike, excellent ride and a good write up and pics as always. Can't believe you didn't write something about my crank falling off all day though, I expected to get some more stick about that!

Something seems to have gone wrong with my phone and there's only about two photos on there but I'll get them uploaded later.

See you on the next one.

Back