The 26 - Hodgemoor Woods - 30/09/18

I hope they have plans to have this type of event in other areas easier to get to for those without a car?

On that day the first train from me is 8.15, 3 changes arrives 11.35. So not much use.

Ah bummer, I can just about get the first train out of Marylebone. There's a group ride on the same day that might be closer...

Only want to go to the 20sixmtb meeting. Otherwise winter Sundays are for laying in bed

fG9fJK.jpg

:LOL:

It was a really nice day. Great track conditions and a nice format: 2 sets of 2 laps of a very short XC course, 2 very short downhill loops then head to heads on downhill and uphill. I won't bore you with my excuses, needless to say I didn't come last but I didn't come first either :LOL:

Top people too. I'm looking forward to seeing more pics from the event.

Thanks al-onestare, From an organisers perspective there is always a few things to do better next time but I think the day went well also.

I just wish i had the time to ride at these events as for the 4th year running I have brought my bikes but not got a lap in :LOL:

Just in the process of uploading all the photos to the facebook page.

Now to sleep a lot and think about the next one

Re:

Yes, the fact I "shaved" over 30 seconds off the first lap time by lap 4, if I'd had a few more practice laps I'd have been right up to speed!

It put me out of wack for the head to heads as I was up against the guy who came second :LOL:

Re:

Well that is one of the things I am going to look at - a way to seed the riders for the knockouts - which will mean more complex timing (I.e. not manual) so I can avoid putting two fast riders against each other in the first round.

Back