Regional road ride, 20th August, AFTERMATH

Mike Muz

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
Bontrager Fan
Feedback
View
Thought I'd show you briefly how today's ride went.

Turned up at 10am, to see Andyz and Godders waiting for me. Sorry I wasn't earlier lads!
It always amazes me that Andy is willing to make a 150 mile round trip to do one of my local rides, when others who live but a few miles away, never bother.
Glad you made the effort mate.

So off we trundled up through Annington to Steyning, where we had some mid morning coffee.

IMG_1356 by Michael Murray, on Flickr

Feeling refreshed, we carried on through Steyning, heading north to Ashurst, where we turned onto some nice quiet roads. Bliss. The weather was great for the whole ride, I was a bit concerned after yesterday's deluge!
Across the A24 to Dial Post, then Southwater, before getting back on the lovely quiet roads again.

Skirting Horsham, we carried on to Mannings Heath, with some rolling roads, and a couple of nice picturesque lakes.

IMG_1361 by Michael Murray, on Flickr

Andy was going well, on his '80s Orbit 653 cx bike, and Godders wasn't doing too bad either on his old faithful 'Dale!

IMG_1363 by Michael Murray, on Flickr

Before long, we were heading to the bottom of the Downs, where the lunch stop was. Not long now, lads!

IMG_1364 by Michael Murray, on Flickr

IMG_1366 by Michael Murray, on Flickr

Or so I thought. :facepalm: When we got to the pub, it was packed! Not a free table to be seen!. So off to the other local, the Royal Oak at Poynings we went. Tables free, excellent! Pity the service was bad, the food overpriced AND half cold! :evil:
WON'T BE GOING BACK THERE, I PROMISE! :oops: :facepalm:

Feeling like I'd let the lads down, we carried on to end the ride . Along the road at the bottom of the Downs,

IMG_1369 by Michael Murray, on Flickr

Before pausing for thought, and a minute's silence. To remember our friend who was taken from us two years ago. :(

IMG_1370 by Michael Murray, on Flickr

The reason I put this ride on in the first place.

Thanks for coming, Mick and Andrew

Mike

Re:

Well done on organising the ride Mike and to Andy Z and Godders for taking part. Shame there were not a few more.

Two years, I can hardly believe it, I had my orange T shirt on today.

Re:

Me neither, and still the 11 families have to wait for the outcome of the Police investigation.

Nice one, Neil ;)

Mike

Re:

Sorry it's a bit late !! But thanks again for organizing another great ride Mike :) as agreed reverse the route next time and end at the rather fab tea rooms ;) really good ride and such a shame there's not more who come along and enjoy a day out in the splendid Sussex countryside :) won't be with you on the 27th so have a good one and I will see you all soon hopefully :)

Mick

Re:

Cheers Mick,

Sorry you can't come out to play tomorrow, looks like great weather again, too. I'll eat your cake quota for you mate! ;) :LOL:

Mike

Nice pics, sorry I missed this, would've jumped on it had I seen it. Can't get more local for me either!

Back