MTB RIDE 27th August Queen Elizabeth Country Park

tim75

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
MTB ride on 27th August at Queen Elizabeth Country Park.

Meet at 10am in the cafe, there is a car park which is pay and display, few details and map here,

https://www.forestry.gov.uk/queenelizabethcountrypark

The good thing about meeting here is there are about four different short routes we can do that all start and finish at the same place so those who don't feel up to riding too much can bail out back to the cafe or their car when they've had enough and those that are feeling fit can ride some more so hopefully should be good for all abilities.

Helmets compulsory, everyone rides at their own risk and all that, blah blah blah.

Anyone up for it?

Indeed - are there any other brands? I hadn't noticed :LOL:

I've never been so what are the trails like? Length, type, etc.

I've driven past and thought 'that looks a good place to ride' but have never been in the park.. so I'm glad Tim has arranged.
Saying that, it doesn't look too severe from the outside looking in.. but I've been wrong before!

Re:

OOh yes, count me in!

Ridden through it, on a South Downs Way ride a couple of times, but that's all.

I'll be riding some steel this time too, Jamie. And it WON'T be a Kona! :LOL: :LOL:

Mike

The park has two mtb specific trails, one graded red and one blue. I can't remember how long they are but they're both fairly short but both good fun. The blue is surfaced and quite smooth for the most part and the red is quite rooty and can be a bit trickier in places but still retro rideable.

I wasn't totally sure if they'd be everyone's cup of tea so I was planning to do a loop along the downs out of the park and back again then if everyone wants to we can do one or both of the mtb trails if anyone is up for it. There's also another loop along the downs in the opposite direction if anyone wants to do that. So four routes to choose from or do all of them, all starting and finishing at a cafe.

Back