Swinley Forest routes

tintin40

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
98+ BoTM Winner
Klein Fan
Feedback
View
I've noticed the the above mention trail is poorly signed. Meaning constant stopping to check correct route.
So if any members of the South East group would like to meet up and have a ride on the red route please pm me. Even better if you know it without a map. Then fewer stops.
:D

The 'official' routes are quite well marked, and easy enough to follow. Trouble is they keep closing bits for maintenance and during the bastard ground nesting bird season, so it can get confusing at times. You don't need a map though.

There is no off piste stuff, at all, nothing whatsoever, but if you do find someone who knows it (which will be hard as it doesn't exist), some of it would be a lot of fun, if it existed, which it doesn't.

It's a bit of a trip for me these days (my old house used to back onto the forest) but next time I feel the urge happy to let you know. Not that I know any off piste stuff, naturally.

fagin":36t28mua said:
The 'official' routes are quite well marked, and easy enough to follow. Trouble is they keep closing bits for maintenance and during the bastard ground nesting bird season, so it can get confusing at times. You don't need a map though.

There is no off piste stuff, at all, nothing whatsoever, but if you do find someone who knows it (which will be hard as it doesn't exist), some of it would be a lot of fun, if it existed, which it doesn't.

It's a bit of a trip for me these days (my old house used to back onto the forest) but next time I feel the urge happy to let you know. Not that I know any off piste stuff, naturally.

Great. Unofficially ;) :cool:

Went round and saw many people lost today. Piss poor signage. After 3 laps of the blue I finally remembered the route. Weekend riding is so busy. Try to do week days

Probably meeting a couple of people there next Saturday, so if you want to ride some of the off piste stuff, of which there isn't any, let me know.

They are meeting 10am in the carpark, I'll probably ride in from the Bagshot side an hour or so before.

Will try to get there by 10. Also my fitness level means blue route for the mo. Other wise have a chat in the coffee shop?

I'll PM you as details change. Meetup is still in the carpark, but looks like it might turn into an off piste marathon, with a loop via Tunnel Hill as well, but probably no official trails. Except to link things up. So probably 30-40km (say 25 miles)
Will be a 'modern' ride, although nothing that a retro can't handle.

Personally I stay away from Swinley. Much prefer Minley, Tunnel Hill, Porridge Pots, etc. over Farnborough way. Message me if you don't know where those are and I can point you in the right direction.

Back