Mike Muz

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
Bontrager Fan
Feedback
View
Hi folks,

Thought I'd share a few photos with you, of today's retro ride.

Organized by Tim75, the route was great, and the weather held until the very end of the ride.

Thanks for doing this one mate ;)

One mechanical, a constantly loosening rear sus pivot, plus two punctures. Other than that, no dramas or crashes.

IMG_1217 by Mike Murray, on Flickr

Tim, trying to work out what was coming loose!

IMG_1218 by Mike Murray, on Flickr

A different sort of bike, with 2 x 10 gears, 1.9 tyres that looked a lot slimmer, and a very clicky freehub body!

IMG_1219 by Mike Murray, on Flickr

IMG_1221 by Mike Murray, on Flickr

IMG_1223 by Mike Murray, on Flickr

Top of some big hill, forgot the name, but you can see for miles all around it!

IMG_1224 by Mike Murray, on Flickr

CAKE TIME! Flat white, anyone? No, just a flat back tyre for me, thanks! :oops:

IMG_1228 by Mike Murray, on Flickr

Final run through some woods before the end.

IMG_1232 by Mike Murray, on Flickr

Good to see you all, hope you enjoyed it as much as I did ;)

Mike

Looks like a fun one. Would have liked to be there, but had planned a ride with my significant other, and she's a hell of a lot prettier than you lot.

fagin":bbu53sxu said:
Looks like a fun one. Would have liked to be there, but had planned a ride with my significant other, and she's a hell of a lot prettier than you lot.

And she makes top food too!

Btw, I have some Kronos springs on the way, Paul!

Re:

Thanks for coming everyone, glad you enjoyed it. Sorry we had to stop every so often to stop my bike from separating itself into two pieces, I'll make sure it's more reliable next time! Thanks for taking some photos Mike, even my phone wasn't working today, see you all next time.

Re:

Really enjoyed today's ride :) a proper old style cross country type ride, nothing to extreme....going up or coming down and plenty of single track thrown in as well ;)
Well done Tim great route, even better than the last time!! Such a shame that there are not more guys/girls who would come along, they just don't know what there missing !! :(
Mick :)

Mike Muz 67":gddf6ynn said:
fagin":gddf6ynn said:

And she makes top food too!

Btw, I have some Kronos springs on the way, Paul!

Excellent. Off here? Because I had a look and nothing new from Kronos on Ebay anymore.

And ours was a retro ride, I had the Explosif, and she has a 1992 Marin Palisades Trail, original except for tyres, girl specific saddle, and I swapped the brakes for Vs as she has delicate girl hands and botom end cantis are a bit shit, really.

Re:

Yes mate, someone here offered elastomers or springs. I went for the springs.

Re: Re:

godders":fo23bmwo said:
Such a shame that there are not more guys/girls who would come along, they just don't know what there missing !! :(
Mick :)

Count me in on the next one.

Latest posts

Back