Bontrager Fan
Feedback
View
Ride report coming soon,

Photo and cake heavy!

I have, ahem, some maintenance to do first ! :facepalm:

Mike

Re:

Cake portions were BIG!! Not quite as big as the hills though!!!! ;) great ride as always :) and a new face to join us today, good to meet you Paul
Looking forward to picks etc ;)

Mick

Re:

Currently downloading photos, taking a while as there are a few! :LOL:

Mike

Thanks guys. Great ride, even if my legs were a bit whiny. I'll arrange a ride oop north in the Surrey Hills soon.

Couple of pictures.

Explosif's first visit to the South Downs.

33523079284_2749bd4257_o.jpg

Mechanical.

34234259801_b761505b90_o.jpg

Scaring the tourists.

34234266811_43ba395177_o.jpg

Silly buggers.

33523080634_682ef4084b_o.jpg

Health food for lunch.

33980692710_d1271cdd6e_o.jpg

Re:

The cake looks even bigger in the photos !!! And I'm not sure that climb straight after the cafe stop did my stomach any favours ;)

Re:

Here we go then, how long have you got? :LOL: :LOL:

After breakfast, I rode a whole two miles - maybe - before it was time for a coffee and cake stop! Which table am I at, again? :LOL:

IMG_1083 by Mike Murray, on Flickr

I was on my second cup of coffee when Godders turned up, at the same time as Fagin. So a quick oggle at bikes, before the off!

IMG_1085 by Mike Murray, on Flickr

It quickly became apparent that my headset had become loose :facepalm: so for the rest of the ride I was doing it up! You wait 'til I see the mechanic! :roll:

Into Clapham, and a lovely carpet of colour,

IMG_1086 by Mike Murray, on Flickr

Then a nice rooty, narrow-ish descent followed shortly after, by some nice singletrack.

IMG_1090 by Mike Murray, on Flickr

That's three times in two days for me! :LOL:

After Godders' flat was mended, we carried on along, as it turned out, the route of an off road half and full marathon. Fagin was starting to feel the power in his legs, suddenly! :LOL:

IMG_1091 by Mike Murray, on Flickr

Before introducing them to my top singletrack!

IMG_1095 by Mike Murray, on Flickr

Stopping to admire the view, obviously! :roll: :oops:

Onto the South Downs Way for a couple of miles, before dropping down, north, onto this steepish little track.

IMG_1096 by Mike Murray, on Flickr

But what goes down . . .

IMG_1097 by Mike Murray, on Flickr

Went back up! :evil: but not for long, and we soon were riding through Washington village. And, er, up again! :facepalm:

IMG_1099 by Mike Murray, on Flickr

Loving the smell of wild garlic, reminded me of Gatcombe Park!

Along the SDW again, accompanied by a weird mix of rapeseed and cowsh-t in my nostrils, before dropping down to the right, in this photo, to Amberley

IMG_1101 by Mike Murray, on Flickr

And to the lunch stop, for more CAKE! With a starter of Mrs Fagin's home made wares! Thanks for sharing Paul ;)

IMG_1103 by Mike Murray, on Flickr

Godders and cake! AGAIN! Some kind of magnetism between the two :roll:

IMG_1105 by Mike Murray, on Flickr

Big mugs of coffee went down well, too! Replenished, we carried on up a steep climb, with ever darkening skies, towards the climb in the far distance.

IMG_1106 by Mike Murray, on Flickr

Lovely and peaceful up here today,

IMG_1108 by Mike Murray, on Flickr

Looking back to where we'd come from.

Looking back to the rollercoaster track we'd just ridden,

IMG_1109 by Mike Murray, on Flickr

It wasn't long before we were heading towards woods, and into Angmering Park Estate

IMG_1114 by Mike Murray, on Flickr

And more bluebells, in the woods, lovely part of the ride. Both pretty and sheltered from the rain that was coming down lightly.

WP_20170430_14_25_32_Pro by Mike Murray, on Flickr

Come on lads, last drag before the finish!

WP_20170430_14_47_36_Selfie(1) by Mike Murray, on Flickr

And more ca, er sustenance!

WP_20170430_15_05_41_Pro by Mike Murray, on Flickr

Got home, had a shower, sorted out the headset, and washed the bike, ready for the next adventure!

WP_20170430_17_18_04_Pro by Mike Murray, on Flickr

I really enjoyed the company, it's great when people come from miles away, in Fagin's case Cranleigh, and Godders from around 20-25 miles away. Always bewilders me that more local riders seem incapable/uninterested in meeting like minded souls, for some rides on old bikes. Their loss! I think the three of us enjoyed the ride. I certainly did!

Hope to catch up again soon, chaps ;)

Mike

The last one isn't cake, it's pie!

looks like a great ride, the photos don't make it look too hilly but nearly 1000m vertical in less than 50k is nowhere near flat!

Back