April 30th, proper off road CAKE fest ! ! !

Mike Muz 67":2z308kl8 said:
Hi Folks,

Thought I'd put this up there. Essentially Bank Holiday weekend, but on the Sunday.

Saturday means work for some, Monday is family stuff for folk, perhaps.

10am Start

Start/finish at Highdown TEA ROOMS! Ride for a bit, before AMBERLEY TEA ROOMS. Depending on the route I decide upon, maybe even CLAPHAM TEA ROOMS TOO! Ride back to the start, for - you guessed it - MORE TEA AND CAKE/MEAL at Highdown TEA ROOMS! WIN, WIN, WIN ! Er, WIN!

Trust me, the cake variety is greeeeaaaaaatttt! As are the portions! I'm getting hungry already! :p

So join me, and my merry men, for some South Downs fun! ;)

All off-road as per title, other than crossing roads. Rigid friendly, even for my 49 year old bones!

Muzza

Where are the Highdown Tea Rooms?

Re:

Ferring, west of Worthing, on the A259

Good point! :facepalm:

Mike

I *might* be able to be there to see you off/welcome you back. it's only over the road from mine, and I often take the little one up there for walks

Re:

Yes, it will.

I'd better get there early, to secure some cake! :p

This is the start I suppose?

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Wor ... -0.4426917

Haven't been on a retro ride for years, so will need to dust it off. Still has Cornish mud from last year.

Have a pretty tough ride Saturday, so roughly how long/hard will it be? I normally ride SH and North Downs, so this place is new.

And are they OK with parking there?

Hopefully see you there. Presumably easy to recognise by the creaky frames and eye searing lycra. And old bikes.

Yes, that's the place.

Parking is fine, all day and free.

The route is not too extreme, a few ups and downs, nice singletrack. Starting and finishing at a cafe, with another cafe around 2/3 along the way

I have an early morning ride planned tomorrow, plus a demo ride in the afternoon, so I won't be flying along, myself!

Mike

Back