July 2017 ride: Sussex by the Sea - Roadking and Mike Muz 67

roadking

Senior Retro Guru
Guys.

Mike(Muz67)and myself, Jon(aka Roadking)have a nice summer ride for you...meeting in Rustington(West Sussex)and finishing in Felpham(West Sussex).

Called the Jerusalem Ride as it begins at Hubert Parry's house in Rustington(Parry set Blake's poem to music) and ends at Blake's cottage in Felpham(Blake wrote Jerusalem there).

Seafront cafe to seafront cafe.

The ride is approximately 22 miles(total)and takes in some quieter roads, and the villages of Climping, Horsemere Green, Yapton and Bilsham before arriving at a nice seafront cafe in Felpham - we'll stop at the East Beach Cafe after meeting for the start at Parry's(Knight's Croft House)home.

1000 hrs for a 1030 start in Rustington on Sunday July 16th 2017.

Cheers, Jon and Mike.

P.M Jon if more details required...road bikes of course and parking is plentiful in Rustington.

P.S post here to let us know you're riding - for the cafe numbers.

Re:

Look forward to this ride, don't ride in the area very much.

Mike

I'll be home from the southern hemisphere in June and some of July, so please count me in. I'm looking forward to my first ride with you guys.

yorkie1956":3e1nbnm5 said:
Look forward to riding with you - any thoughts on what you'll ride ?
Hi Jon,
I hope to ride my 1977 Raleigh SDBU. That said, I need to screw it together first. I'm back home for some weeks before the ride so I am positive about completing my bike and the nice ride out with you guys is also a good motivator. Getting my bike and I from Kent to meet you in Sussex will be my main challenge I suspect. Car's don't like standing as you no doubt will know and mine has been stood for some time but I remain positive.

yorkie1956":138o8akw said:
Getting my bike and I from Kent to meet you in Sussex will be my main challenge I suspect. Car's don't like standing as you no doubt will know and mine has been stood for some time but I remain positive.

Whereabouts in Kent are you? I'll be on my way down from Sevenoaks.

Cheers,
Andrew

andyz":1va3mk0h said:
Whereabouts in Kent are you? I'll be on my way down from Sevenoaks.

Cheers,
Andrew
Hi Andrew,
I am a few miles east of Ashford, so quite a way from you, but it's a nice gesture thanks and could be a plan if I can get to you in Sevenoaks if needs must. My main objective is to have my car, so hopefully I can get there. I will let you know days before and I look forward to meeting you.

Back