Single Speed CX European Champs, 18th-19th Feb + AFTERMATH !

Re:

Post race report.

Got there early for the race, having decided not to do the Saturday leisure ride.

Set up, and had a wander around with my camera. Thought I'd get some photos for you folks! ;)

IMG_0872 by Michael Murray, on Flickr

Pretty much all of the start/finish area.

Organized by Singular bikes,

IMG_0873 by Michael Murray, on Flickr

I saw a lovely one there,

IMG_0875 by Michael Murray, on Flickr

If it wasn't for those ridiculous bars and brown saddle/bars, it would be perfect!

One for the Jones' fans

IMG_0874 by Michael Murray, on Flickr

It has to be said that some were not taking things very seriously! Like this bunch of Belgians!

IMG_0878 by Michael Murray, on Flickr

And some of the fancy dress brigade

IMG_0879 by Michael Murray, on Flickr

The one with the 'mushroom' helmet, finished just behind me. :oops:

So, number pinned on,

IMG_0877 by Michael Murray, on Flickr

Grabbed the bike,

IMG_0880 by Michael Murray, on Flickr

And off to the start I went. 107 in total.
Bad start for me, getting feet in the pedals! :roll: Probably in the last 1/4 by the time I had done so. On the grassy start finish area, the gear was just spinning out, too low, but once I got into the woods, I started to gain ground over the riders around me, and dare I say, I could see the appeal of single speed. I was competing with a few cx riders around me for most of the race (1 hour + a lap) , one finished in front of me, another overtook, then dropped back again as the singletrack was to my advantage.
Other than the chain coming off twice - once I had to stop, the other I managed to put it back on through the woods - the bike was great. Lots of encouragement, and retroheads will be pleased to know, admiring comments about my retrobike!
Have no idea where I came yet, but it was a great event, and well sponsored. I did get lapped by the winner though, and second placed rider, who apparently lost his saddle at some point! :shock:

Nice to see Godders on the course too, with his bells. That's for ringing, not drinking! :LOL: Thanks for the shouts mate! ;)

See you in a couple of weeks for the Tour Du Cake!

Mike

Re:

Cheers Rob! ;)

The more I look at the blue Singular bike, the more I like it! :cool:

No idea what model it is, but can't see it on their website

Mike

Nice one Mikeeee

Got well in you post/report until you mentioned brown saddles.... What the fook is wrong with folk, they ARE revolting, just about any other colour is fine..... But Brown

Good to see you out and about, and enjoying your antiques, Roberts next time ?

Re:

Maybe Nick, just maybe!

With drop bars! :shock: :LOL: :LOL:

That Singular is a Kite model, just looked it up . Only made in disc format now though! :roll:

Damn, I need a bike, too! :LOL: :LOL:

Mike

Re: Re:

Mike Muz 67":1j35zhls said:
Maybe Nick, just maybe!

That Singular is a Kite model, just looked it up . Only made in disc format now though! :roll:

Mike

I'm sure they could make you a Kite with cantis instead of discs if you really want them.

Re: Re:

andyz":vbxn9mr8 said:
Mike Muz 67":vbxn9mr8 said:
Maybe Nick, just maybe!

Mike

I'm sure they could make you a Kite with cantis instead of discs if you really want them.

Yes Andy

I'm sure they can accomodate . Thanks! :facepalm: :LOL:

Mike

Re:

I had a great time even though I was just watching :) one of those times when you kick yourself for not entering :( everyone looked like they enjoyed the day!! Even Mike sounds like the SS bug has bitten ;) even if only briefly :)

Mick

Back