MTB Arundel Loop, 12th Nov, 10am RIDE DETAILS page 3 ! ! !

Re: Ye Olde MTB Arundel Loop, coming soon

I'm currently abroad on holiday till the 26th so not near the calendar, I'm not able to confirm dates but will try and go with the final date.

Re: Ye Olde MTB Arundel Loop, 12th November, 10am start

Old, fat, slow, not liking early starts, but will be there, just leave a trail of salt, so I can follow you guys!

Re:

RIGHT !

Today, I did a recce ride, just to see what we were letting ourselves in for :LOL:

We shall start here, at 10 am

IMG_0666 by Michael Murray, on Flickr

Parking on a Saturday, all day, is £4.40. Alternatively, there is a road on the opposite side of the A27, where parking is free. However, spaces are limited. Here.

IMG_0668 by Michael Murray, on Flickr

We will be riding past that parking, so can pick up any latecomers ( there's always one, at least! ). Then it's 9km of pretty flat riding, apart from one rooty, short uphill section, through Angmering Park Estate. I love it around here.

IMG_0670 by Michael Murray, on Flickr

Tarmc mostly through there, then a bit of track onto another small road. After the 9km, we have the first cafe stop.

IMG_0649 by Michael Murray, on Flickr

Nice find, good shout Piper Dave! ;)

Then things get hilly to start with, for the next 20km until the second cafe, in Angmering. You WILL need a granny ring in places!

After which, we have another 10km back to where we started. Two climbs to speak of, one road and one off road. For more photos, see the 'Today's Ride ' thread, that I am about to add to.

Mike

Latest posts

Back