Spur of the moment ride....

Piperdave

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Today was sunny when I got up, so I had a quick ride, well slow really. The first for a very long time.

Route:- https://ridewithgps.com/trips/11516459

The day started well, but as I was very out of condition, by the time I got here, I hurt a lot. Honeysuckle Lane, north of the car park.

Highdown Hill in the background.

Came from here.....

Was going that way. Needed a photo stop to catch my breath :roll:

Soon entered the dark wood.....

On leaving the dark wood, some lovely views....Long Furlong

Black Down...

As I turned left along the top of Long Furlong, the track, which used to be frequented by Horse riders, was very much reduced to single track, and rather overgrown.

This led into Clapham woods, with dappled autumn light, and something following me in the woods. Only heard it, never saw it... :!:

Moving right onto a footpath, this opens out to parkland....

Through Clapham village, and crossing the A280, I came across a wall of Virginia Creeper in Patching...

Crossing the A280 again, the quiet lane leads up to Highdown Hill, with a view back to whence I came. You can just see the Masts behind Honeysuckle Lane in the distance.

At that point it started raining, so it was a quick descent, and home on the roads....

A lovely ride.....

Re:

Yes, very nice around there.

Except for using the footpaths. :roll:

Re: Re:

Mike Muz 67":2lfqgcyr said:
Yes, very nice around there.

Except for using the footpaths. :roll:

MikeMike, I understand your concern. I n my defence I would say two things. 1) I am a slow rider, and always give way to people and animals. 2) At the end of the bridalway that the one footpath I used cut off a corner, it arrives at Clapham, where a gate has been erected, with a sign stating " no horses or bikes". I think this needs to be looked at by the rights of way organisations.

I never assume any right over someone else's enjoyment of the countryside.

Dave

Re: Re:

Never ridden down that one, very odd that there's a gate across the bridleway though.

Pity you didn't carry along, across the Furlong. Just after you cross the road, there's a carpark. Left turn at the end of that, Monarchs Way, and you would have got to APE. Which, after heading south, would have taken you closer to Highdown tea rooms. And who wouldn't want that! :LOL: :p

May have got drenched though, depending on timing. It did come down a bit! :shock:

Hoping to organize an Arundel loop soon, just need to work out the route. Taking in another tea room! :cool:
Guy Martin's got nothing on me. I love a cuppa! :LOL: :LOL:

Mike

Back