It was rude not to....

Piperdave

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Given the fab sunny day down here on the coast, it was rude not to go for a ride. I am very lucky that I can cycle from home straight on to the downs, so there is no excuse not to really.

Route here:- https://ridewithgps.com/trips/11612222

I set off going east, into Sompting, and past the pub :shock: . Crossed the A27, which is always a bit scary, and set off up the lane to the water works. After passing them the scar of the new electric line, being put in becomes visible, and the path steepens, at the junction of the path to Lancing clump. I had to stop for a breather and took some pics.

Came from here....

Was going there, you can see the electric works in the distance.

The track follows existing Pylons to a junction then my route went right to the saddle between West Hill and a slight rise. More scaring visible here on the right. The scar on the left is the old cement works above Shoreham.

West Hill and the sea in the distance.

Up hill all the way, and today, into the wind....

Eventually hit the South Downs Way

Still up hill. Hard won in the end, but worth it. Chanctonbury Ring.

With lovely views East towards the Seven Sisters, and West

Sat and had a break with the trees for company

From there it was all down hill to Cissbury Ring, with views back to Chanctonbury

and the coast.....

Pretty bridalways led down between the golf course, off of Cissbury Ring.

Follow the light....

And so, taking the back route, so as to stay off of the A27 in town, I was home three hours later. Really should do this more often. Though, twice in one moth, the neighbours will start talking :roll:

Glorious! Thank you, I have a big smile on my silly face...... And might even GMAIG, and hurry on the "winter project" and go out and ride it!

Sparrow":2hzixh3d said:
Glorious! Thank you, I have a big smile on my silly face...... And might even GMAIG, and hurry on the "winter project" and go out and ride it!

Sparrow, the ride was great, but knowing that it made even just one person smile is better :cool: Cheers for posting.

A beautiful ride well told. Loving the pictures. My kind of post. Thank you for sharing.

Re:

Meeting up at the car park where that last track ends up tomorrow! On the A27 between Excess and A24 roundabouts. 11.30 if you're interested .
Not retro, but a few folk getting together for a ride. I'll probably be on a modern bike. From 1999

Mike

5-6 hours drive there for me if i had a car so i won't be joining you unfortunately :( but who know's maybe next year now that would be :cool: ..

Re: Re:

Mike Muz 67":18n4zwcp said:
Meeting up at the car park where that last track ends up tomorrow! On the A27 between Excess and A24 roundabouts. 11.30 if you're interested .
Not retro, but a few folk getting together for a ride. I'll probably be on a modern bike. From 1999

Mike

Was a little unsure exactly where you meant ( possibly the pull off next to the golf club road, where the track goes straight up?), so I went out, drank far to much, and didn't get up until 12:15. :roll:

Hope you had a good ride :oops:

Re:

Just got back, it was slow but sociable. With a scary downhill that I went around. Twice, as they wanted to do it again!

Arundel loop on the 12th, Dave ;)

Mike

Piperdave":129017nc said:
Still up hill. Hard won in the end, but worth it. Chanctonbury Ring.

Did the SDW a few weeks ago and Chanctonbury Ring looked amazing at 7:30am as we passed it on the way to Breakfast. Would be lovely to have that on the doorstep.

Back