Purbecks aftermath 20/12/2009

makster

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
For those who looked at my post for a Purbecks ride today and didn't fancy it...you missed out!
5 of us met at the ferry after sliding our way there on very icy roads. The view that met us in the Harbour was truly stunning!
What an amazing days weather and the sun glinting on the water set us up forthe cold ride ahead.
Headed off road toward 'fraggle rock' (see pic ;) ). Never riden on frozen sand before and was a bit weird.
Then it was onto Remptone forest, via a very muddy/frozen section, so the firetrack was welcome relief.
The climb from Rempstone Farm to the top ridge was a killer and only two of us made it all the way up.
A brief rest and then a great, long downhill run into Corfe for lunch.
The climb back was brutal, (2 pints was a bad idea!) but we were rewarded with the excellent downhill singletrack section towards and then around the golf course.
A brief stop for me to video the lads crossing the wooden bridge and then back to the ferry.

A brilliant winter ride and cant wait to do it again.
Really icy in places (more than once I was halfway across ice, only to hear it crack and end up in a 2 foot deep puddle! but found a great new section of single track and a pub with a resident cat called....Foreskin!

Pics....

At the ferry

xmasbikeclub010.jpg

The gaggle at fraggle!

xmasbikeclub021.jpg

Up onto the ridge

xmasbikeclub022.jpg

My lunch!

xmasbikeclub028.jpg

The group over looking Corfe

xmasbikeclub036.jpg

Brilliant 20 mile ride that I'll be deffo repeating soon for anyone interested :D

Back