Next SW Retro Ride - location/date/format

amedias

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Anyone up for a RB ride soon, possibly on 23rd Nov?

Location up for discussion, numbers have been a bit low recently on the RB rides so keen to hear from people with suggests for both location and/or ride format.

Would be nice if we can see a few more faces out so if there's any particular reason you've not wanted to come on one before now is the time to speak up and we can see what we can do to improve matters.

Few off-the-cuff ideas...

Cake ride - we pick a particular cafe to ride to/via and do a proper social ride and natter rather than pedal mashing sweatfest

Theme ride - rigid, retro full sus, manufacturer, whatever, sticking to the theme wouldn't be mandatory obviously but could poke some lurker a into joining?

Show us your ride - we go and ride a members 'local loop' to get a bit more variety?

You're welcome to shoot them down or suggest your own but let's see if we can get some input!

:)

Children or injury has stopped my last few. 23rd should be ok. I will confirm later but repling here to give me a nudge.

Happy wherever.

My local trails are not really long enough for a group ride... twenty minutes or so offroad arond East Hill doesnt warrant a meet, so happy with wherever..

Re:

I've been busy with new house and was trianing for the Exmoor Beast, but i'm now free from most commitments so I'm up for a ride, I have a few bikes that need to get their tyres muddy.

Re:

Like all 3 suggestions. 23rd or 30th Nov ok for me. It would be really good to have someone put on a ride in their local patch. Woodbury & Haldon are great but I'm keen to try somewhere else & would travel.
That said, we re-discovered a couple of great sections on Woodbury today while out running which I'll happily share! (Wheathill plantation area.)
I could comply with the requirements for a rigid only ride, or a steel only ride or a titanium ride or a Kona, Diamond Back, Orange or even Raleigh (well, Dyna-Tech) one- make ride. Let's do it!

Leaning towards 23rd then, just need to settle on a location and pester more people into coming!

Re:

Err... well I'll be popping out next Sunday. Not sure where but if nowt organised probably haldon in if it's still wet.

Back