Purbecks blast - 4th October

makster

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
A few of us local retrobikers (and a couple of not-so-locals) are planning a blast around The Purbecks on 4th October.
It'll be a start at the chain ferry (Sandbanks) at 10:30 and will take in various hills, cake and beer stops.
There are a few of us also planning a curry and beers later that evening too ;)

Re:

Matt, I was going to text you about this.
It'd all been sorted out on facebook up until now.
Plan is for a curry in Ashley Cross on the Saturday night

Re:

Any idea of the route/miles/difficulty ?

And is a 43 year old man with 86 year old knees riding a 25 year old Saracen with 24 year old Brake blocks able to take part in the ride ? :p

Re:

Hopefully get a pass for this one, it depends on family stuff... Might be able to just do the ride or hopefully the whole sha-bang!

Widowmaker if this is the usual route then it is probably around 20-25 miles...stunning scenery and some pretty steep climbs, but great fun. I have done it on a 1991 Marin and 2012 Santa Cruz and enjoyed both. Many others have only ridden retro there, so you should be fine. ;)

Re:

If I can mange to get around, I'm sure you will! I regularly ride fully rigid on Purbeck and the only issue tends to be my fitness. Makster will confirm, but I'm sure the route will be just fine for all fitness levels and bike types.

Back