Anyone ride 50 acre wood in Bristol?

NeilM

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
I thought I might go and have a ride around 50 acre wood next weekend, but I can't find any route maps or mention of distance.

Anyone ridden there? How far is it?

I rode it there at the April fools meet at AC with Peter , Miles and Paul, I can't quite remember exactly but when you get near the quarry end there is a break in the wall (doorway path), you cross the road and follow a small track and look out for the yellow sign on your right, don't go down the hill ;) it's not far, just think of it as a 3rd extenstion to AC & LW

We rode in perfect conditions , dry and sunny in April , and now it's mid summer I will only say ROOTS ..........

Let us know how you get on :cool:

I knew I'd phrased that question badly.

What I meant was; what is the distance around the ride?

It's no use me asking how long it takes, cos all you young fit types whip round these rides like greased weazles, so distance is a better measure for me.

James, if you like roots, you should have been with us in the FoD on Saturday ;)

Distance has to be a mile or two max, it's a nice twisty single track with lots of roots, riding rigid was pretty choppy !

I would have loved to but was on holiday in Cornwall !

Not ridden the 50 acre wood but have done Aston Hill wood just up the road. Was a long time back but also loads of roots :LOL:

the_duke":1k0ofbwp said:
Not ridden the 50 acre wood but have done Aston Hill wood just up the road. Was a long time back but also loads of roots :LOL:

I'll look into that one, thanks.

Neil

the cheesy riders regularly dip into 50 acre wood.

any retrobikers are more than welcome to join up with us for a ride - i publish our rides on our facebook group, which is called the cheesy riders

the website www.thecheesyriders.co.uk is members only - and you cant join until you've been on a ride

Agency_scum on here is our founder too - so we're very old bike friendly.

Gravy Monster":1ud4r5uh said:
I will only say ROOTS ..........

You're not wrong, it's pretty technical. Especially as the chosen bike for that area is more at home on the smooth (but fast) trails of Ashton Court and Leigh Woods.

cce":3rfp8f9w said:
Neil

the cheesy riders regularly dip into 50 acre wood.

any retrobikers are more than welcome to join up with us for a ride - i publish our rides on our facebook group, which is called the cheesy riders

the website www.thecheesyriders.co.uk is members only - and you cant join until you've been on a ride

Agency_scum on here is our founder too - so we're very old bike friendly.

I had a look at the website yesterday, as it came up with a google search.

I don't have a facebook account, so I'll get my son to have a look, and see when we can join you on a ride.

Back