Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:58 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:59 pm 
BoTM Winner / retrobike rider
BoTM Winner / retrobike rider
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:24 pm
Posts: 5667
Location: Dorset
Wu-Tangled wrote:
chiswickcollectables wrote:
that very pleasant eatery that did an excellent ham, egg & chips?


and a frankly rubbish cheese and salad sandwich.

:lol:


That just serves you right Gus.
Firstly, you NEVER climb on cheese and secondly salad is for girls!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:02 pm 
Mr Benn
Mr Benn
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:07 am
Posts: 7199
Location: Omnipresent
makster wrote:
Wu-Tangled wrote:
chiswickcollectables wrote:
that very pleasant eatery that did an excellent ham, egg & chips?


and a frankly rubbish cheese and salad sandwich.

:lol:


That just serves you right Gus.
Firstly, you NEVER climb on cheese and secondly salad is for girls!



a) you never do, but i always do. ;-) and b) i am a bit of a girl.

:wink: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:50 pm 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:09 am
Posts: 1260
Location: Chiswick, London
Wu-Tangled wrote:
b) i am a bit of a girl


Hmmmmmm..... I like girls.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:47 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:01 pm
Posts: 1164
Location: Lurking in the bushes at the bottom of your mums garden....
Might be tempted along to this, depending on getting to Lymington by train from Brighton.

EDIT:Curses, can't get to lymington from brighton before 10:37 by rail on sunday. :cry:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 3:43 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:57 pm
Posts: 922
Location: Isle of Wight
I've held back from saying if i'll be doing this or not after the last ride and the farce of am I / aren't I working.
But, it's just been brought to my attention that the 13th is the annual 'Walk the Wight' http://www.iwhospice.org/walk-the-wight.aspx with upwards of 5000 people (it was 8400 in 2008!) walking across the island the main route being the Tennison trail that runs from Carisbrooke to the Needles which I do believe is a regular feature in 'The I.o.W ride' :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 4:02 pm 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:09 am
Posts: 1260
Location: Chiswick, London
F'ing ramblers!! I'm up for blastin' past them while flippin' the bird and making lots of noise :twisted:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 4:03 pm 
King of the DuckBoard
King of the DuckBoard

Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:30 pm
Posts: 21466
warpedboy2 wrote:
Might be tempted along to this, depending on getting to Lymington by train from Brighton.

EDIT:Curses, can't get to lymington from brighton before 10:37 by rail on sunday. :cry:


Tell me about it. Public transport is S**t :twisted:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 5:16 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:57 pm
Posts: 922
Location: Isle of Wight
Quote:
warpedboy2 wrote:
Might be tempted along to this, depending on getting to Lymington by train from Brighton.

EDIT:Curses, can't get to lymington from brighton before 10:37 by rail on sunday. Crying or Very sad


Tell me about it. Public transport is S**t Twisted Evil


If 1 or 2 (at a push, 1 bike in the boot, 2 on the rack) still want to do this, I live in Ryde (where the catamaran goes to from Portsmouth) i'll be driving across the island to Yarmouth, may be easier to get to Portsmouth harbour station (where the cat leaves from)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 9:11 pm 
King of the DuckBoard
King of the DuckBoard

Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:30 pm
Posts: 21466
Bob wrote:
I've held back from saying if i'll be doing this or not after the last ride and the farce of am I / aren't I working.
But, it's just been brought to my attention that the 13th is the annual 'Walk the Wight' http://www.iwhospice.org/walk-the-wight.aspx with upwards of 5000 people (it was 8400 in 2008!) walking across the island the main route being the Tennison trail that runs from Carisbrooke to the Needles which I do believe is a regular feature in 'The I.o.W ride' :lol:


Perhaps jonnyboy666 should change the route a bit?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 9:19 pm 
Section Moderator & South West AEC
Section Moderator & South West AEC
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:33 pm
Posts: 8157
Location: new forest
oh that's a bummer, didn't know that was this weekend, shouldn't be a major issue though, i have ridden through the crowds before, it was a sod but we could do the route a little different and avoid the ramblers, basically we could ride around the main route on the side tracks, the walk seems to start early-ish so we could always do the ride sort of backwards which could also avoid them.

hoping the weather will be better than recently, i was riding alot and got fit then work and the bad weather got in the way and i have only ridden once in the last 2 weeks! although i intend to ride tomorrow and thursday and friday as prep for the weekend.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group