Bristol - Ashton Court and Leigh woods, Sunday April 1st

DeletedUser006

Old School Grand Master
Updated Ride / meeting info 19/03/2012

:: Meeting place will be Clifton Down, There is a map below with red oval section highlighted for appx free parking , Also a smiley face for the suspension bridge (which you cant miss) :LOL: We will be appx 5 mins away from AC & LW. I will be at parking area for around 09:15 and would suggest getting there before 10 for a 10:15 depart to the the suspension bridge and over to Ashton Court...

:: Ride will be as long as you want :) a single loop of Ashton Court and Leighwoods will take around 1.5rhs going by previous RB ride. Pace will be as slow as the slowest and will stop at all crossroads / sections. I will be there all day and will go round as many times as needed. (the Leigh Woods is so go I usually go round 3 times ;) ) The beauty of this location is that its a large loop and you are never far from your cars

If anyone needs my number or assistace please PM me

Google maps link HERE and a street view pic :cool: HERE Nearest Postcode for sat nav is BS8 3NE

cliton2.jpg

I am defo up for an AC meet soon GM but am on a stag doo that weekend!

BTW you mean sun 25th of March?

Luke

:LOL: yes i did mean 25th March and realised this is the other SW ride date, I'm having an i calendar moment oops: , how about Sunday 1st then , April fools day sounds fitting for me :LOL:

im up for it but still recouping from achilles problem so dont wait for me (gayboy!) got to wait for the mrs to get back from London to make sure she hasnt made friggin plans & ill confirm.

sorry if it sounds like im making excuses.

Stumpy or Zaskar?

Would be good to see you there, it's not a race just some fun, you can ride as slow as you want ;)

Stumpy.... Depends on the colour ;)

I'm a possible but the retro bike is now sold and in Germany. I will be on something quirky though, if that's OK.........

I'm going to ask the same question I did on the other SW ride thread.

How hard core are you guys?

I did a couple of hours in the Mendips this morning, and it's been a loooong time since I was offroad. I had a great time (recce for a possible Mendips meet), but MAN! am I unfit.

If you guys do a lot if climbing, then I'll dip out this time and work on my stamina for the next time.

NeilM":2uijpnld said:
I'm going to ask the same question I did on the other SW ride thread.

How hard core are you guys?

I did a couple of hours in the Mendips this morning, and it's been a loooong time since I was offroad. I had a great time (recce for a possible Mendips meet), but MAN! am I unfit.

If you guys do a lot if climbing, then I'll dip out this time and work on my stamina for the next time.

Neil, check my post above, it's not a race and we will go as fast as the slowest and will always stop at rest places or end of runs, if anyone wants to let some some steam off they can go in front or go round again for round 2 or 3 :D

There is no climbing at AC or LW that is worth writing home about ;) just nice flowing single track and some technical sections for those that want it which is usually a yes :cool:

Look forward in seeing you there

Cheers

GM. :cool:

Gravy Monster":24p7a4yi said:
There is no climbing at AC or LW that is worth writing home about

In that case "I'm your huckleberry, that's just my game".

Let me know where and when.

Back