Sacked due to lack of interest. Will try again next year!

makster

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
I'm thinking of organising a Purbecks ride for the 27th. It'll be a 25 mile(ish) route, starting and finishing at the Sandbanks chain ferry (either side) and taking in some cracking singletrack, mount mutha-hubbard (toned down for public consumption ;) ) and some lovely chalky climbs and decent's.
Final route very subject to weather conditions, but it'll be fun whichever way we go.
As with all rides I organise, ride whatever the hell you like! No snobbery here ;)
Depending on the state of my buggered shoulder, I may have to ride something modern myself :oops: , but hope to be fighting fit by then!

So, who's in then??

Interested - though it's a bit of a drive for me (150 mile round trip) so would anyone like to car share from near Exeter?

Having seen some of your pics from previous Purbecks rides this is very tempting...
I would have to get a signed permission slip from the other half though, being xmas hols and all that...

I rode most of the route I have in mind on Saturday morning, and it was bloody lovely! It worked out around 19 miles from the ferry, but I missed a section out as I was knackered! It can be made longer (or shorter!) according to what people want to do on the day.
The downhill into Corfe has been cleared of vegetation so can be ridden even faster than usual :cool: and the Dorset apple cake in the tea rooms was amazing as always.
Parts of the route were a bit claggy, so I've been busy fitting my winter tyres today

would like to but i am aiming to go to the Cannock meet the next day so i don't want to kill myself twice in 2 days!

ajantom":1i2hafy9 said:
Would single-speed be ok on the route?

I've not tried so hard for me to comment. I have seen people riding SS over there though.
There isn't a climb that I need to drop from middle ring for, put it that way, and most of the climbs stay pretty hard due to the chalk.
Hope this helps!

2.5 hr train ride each way tells me that i'm going to say no

however this is very close to Brother-in-laws, so may well be up for something next time we're there...will let you know :)

BobCatMax":1d7jbmml said:
2.5 hr train ride each way tells me that i'm going to say no

however this is very close to Brother-in-laws, so may well be up for something next time we're there...will let you know :)

Will deffo do an all day epic in the Spring, so will let you know ;)

Back