where do i get a respray?

spanky

Retro Newbie
just brought a marin eldridge circa 1990 ( i think ) does any one know of someone in the glocester or surrounding area that will respray it for me????

Awaiting for my Clockwork from graphicshack, they are on holiday until the 7th July so give them a bell after then.
Ask for Gary, good bloke!

Caution with Argos. I'm still waiting for my custom job 7 months and still no frame. I even have to ask them for up dates on progress :x

I must say that the stuff at graphic shack looks great, I was there yetsterday and saw a few that were waiting collection, I will be having something done there soon ;)

Gravy Monster":1kf54z1e said:
I must say that the stuff at graphic shack looks great, I was there yetsterday and saw a few that were waiting collection, I will be having something done there soon ;)

Dont suppose you spied my Overbury's James? I am due another call to Gary for an update :LOL:

the_duke":fts4zkxc said:
Dont suppose you spied my Overbury's James? I am due another call to Gary for an update :LOL:

totti1978":fts4zkxc said:
they are on holiday until the 7th July so give them a bell after then.

Seen pics of graphicshacks work, checkout sinnermans Clockwork, it convinced me to send me frame there...

tintin40":66008kk9 said:
Caution with Argos. I'm still waiting for my custom job 7 months and still no frame. I even have to ask them for up dates on progress :x

;) +1
I took a day off work, did a 100 mile round trip to pick up my frame that had been residing in their workshop for two weeks without me being told, then on arrival, I was confronted with a sprayed over, pitted frame and the staff thought it was perfectly acceptable. According to the geezer I spoke to, he regulary sprays frames in this manner!

In all, it would have cost me £140 for a frame respray, £100 for a day off work and petrol, and they didn't seem to be bothered at my loss. When I complained (which I shouldn't have to do if they did their job right) they offered to, ".. get one of the guys in the workshop to rub down the seat tube and give it a coat. It will take a fortnight..."

Again, I complained that I wasn't prepared to wait two weeks and left with no frame. A couple of days later, I received a call from Argos stating that I wasn't allowed in their unit and the frame would be posted to me. I asked if the frame was insured against damaged in transit and the Argos personnel didn't even know!

Alas, I only paid the deposit, lost a day off work + petrol, as they wouldn't take any more money off me, but I would have rather paid for the first class job that I was expecting, without all the hassle. :roll:

BTW, the frame I gave them was nearly new, as it had only done 800 (or so) miles and in near perfect nick.

Never again... :(

Back