Retrobike
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/

South West - Retro Ride - 17th July - Woodbury C'mon!!!
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=154279

Author:  tiboltrider [ Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:25 pm ]
Post subject:  South West - Retro Ride - 17th July - Woodbury C'mon!!!

Just starting a thready for another SW Retro ride!

Hopefully the weather will be better this time :facepalm:

I've spoken to a couple of other members and the 17th July is looking good for us so far. So, Woodbury Common or Haldon?

I'll be pm'ing alot of of the SW riders over the next day or two so hopefully we'll get a good turnout :D

Author:  brownpools [ Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:57 pm ]
Post subject: 

Count me in! Woodbury would be cool as it's 5 mins from my house, but not fussed with either Haldon or woodbury.

Author:  totti [ Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:39 pm ]
Post subject: 

I'm easy, both are great really... however, from a purely retro point of view, Woodbury means more to me as I raced there god knows how many times.

Having said that, it is a killer on the bikes cos of the gritty terrain.
Also there is the added excitement / danger of being shot by Royal Marines on exercises...lol!
Haldon is perhaps more accessible and rider friendly.
Either way I don't mind, all that matters is a good turn out and good weather.

See you all there!

Author:  Agency_Scum [ Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:29 pm ]
Post subject: 

It's weird but Haldon just keeps popping up in conversations with me about excellent forest trails.

Author:  mattbrown [ Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:03 pm ]
Post subject: 

haldon is good, woodbury ok, but somewhere is a more interesting option

Author:  coomber [ Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:25 pm ]
Post subject: 

I'd like to get to know Woodbury better as I just meander and get lost (as I did yesterday in the rain) so would prefer that or somewhere else over Haldon.

Hope I can make this one.

Author:  brownpools [ Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:41 pm ]
Post subject: 

does any one know of any trails around the Blackdown hills or dartmoor, just thought i would throw it in as an alternative. :D

Author:  jimbo-xc [ Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:20 pm ]
Post subject: 

Woodbury gets my vote as I used to ride & race there all the time in mid 90's but hardly ever do now. Then again, Haldon is fine! Quantocks or Exmoor might be good alternatives.
Bike jumble too I hope!

Author:  tiboltrider [ Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:56 pm ]
Post subject: 

I know a nice route on Dartmoor from Hound Tor, to Jay's Grave, Hamel Down, Widecombe and back to Jay's Grave followed by an extra bit on the end if anyone wants to do that instead? :D

Author:  superstu [ Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:11 pm ]
Post subject: 

tiboltrider wrote:
I know a nice route on Dartmoor from Hound Tor, to Jay's Grave, Hamel Down, Widecombe and back to Jay's Grave followed by an extra bit on the end if anyone wants to do that instead? :D

Is hound tor near Hay Tor? I run the Hay Tor once a year (not fun!)
This sounds like an interesting alternative.

Author:  tiboltrider [ Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:41 pm ]
Post subject: 

superstu wrote:
tiboltrider wrote:

Is hound tor near Hay Tor? I run the Hay Tor once a year (not fun!)
This sounds like an interesting alternative.

Yep, go past Haytor about a mile and there's a road on the right. There's a large parking area and often a food van called "Hound of the Basket Meals". It's a good route, usually well drained, just a little windy at the RAF monument at the top of the main climb. Could always stop at Widecombe for an icecream of shandy! :wink:

Author:  hydorah [ Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:49 pm ]
Post subject: 

I voted Woodbury because I've been to Haldon (and it was excellent)

So yeah Woodbury, Haldon or somewhere? It's all good!

I love being lost!

I'll be there nice and fresh this time!

Author:  ajantom [ Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:57 pm ]
Post subject: 

Haldon is good, but more fun on a modern bike with suss forks, as the best bits are off piste. So I've voted for Woodbury, as it suits retrobikes a bit more IMO.

Author:  superstu [ Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:06 pm ]
Post subject: 

Quote:
Yep, go past Haytor about a mile and there's a road on the right. There's a large parking area and often a food van called "Hound of the Basket Meals". It's a good route, usually well drained, just a little windy at the RAF monument at the top of the main climb. Could always stop at Widecombe for an icecream of shandy!

Cool, think the run goes across to Hound Tor then back around. Might give you a shot one weekend to do this even if he meet doesn't fancy it if you like?

Author:  fredgassit [ Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:10 pm ]
Post subject: 

I haven't ridden off road since thelast retro ride back in December. Woodbury or Haldon work for me.

Author:  TDIfurby [ Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:47 pm ]
Post subject: 

I have a horrid feeling I have something on this day - but don't remember what. Would be well up for breaking in at Woodbury though. :) I could (or at least "Should" be able to cycle there from Exmouth first. Knowing me I will be lazy and chuck the bike in the back of the Skoda for the 5 minute drive.....

Author:  Gravy Monster [ Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:27 am ]
Post subject: 

I will have to look at calendar and see, Its a sunday so thats a good start for me :)

I voted somewhere else, I enjoyed the Minhead ride we did a couple of years ago but Im happy with either Woodbury or Haldon as long as I can make it.

Cheers

GM 8)

Author:  tiboltrider [ Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:35 am ]
Post subject: 

Gravy Monster wrote:
I voted somewhere else, I enjoyed the Minhead ride we did a couple of years ago but Im happy with either Woodbury or Haldon...

Yep, that was a good ride! >>>

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... t=minehead

Nice chips at the end!

:D

Author:  Coleman [ Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:53 am ]
Post subject: 

I'd be up for Woodbury if a south midlandser is welcome :D

I did some riding there in the 90's :D

Author:  tiboltrider [ Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:59 am ]
Post subject: 

nevadasmith wrote:
I'd be up for Woodbury if a south midlandser is welcome :D

Yep 8)

Author:  hydorah [ Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:58 pm ]
Post subject: 

tiboltrider wrote:

That sounds awesome 8)

Author:  tiboltrider [ Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:29 pm ]
Post subject: 

hydorah wrote:
tiboltrider wrote:

That sounds awesome 8)

:idea: I'm up for that may be one evening if ya like?

Author:  hydorah [ Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:19 pm ]
Post subject: 

Sounds good to me :D

Author:  toadoftoadhall [ Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:58 pm ]
Post subject: 

Hi all
How about somewhere flatish perhaps along some canal's (ive been busy but im a bit heavier) just a thought.
Ta Steve

Author:  tiboltrider [ Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:00 pm ]
Post subject: 

Hi Steve. I could dig the tandem out!!! :lol:

Author:  Gravy Monster [ Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:06 pm ]
Post subject: 

Yea do it 8)

TOTH it's been a while, hope all is well and you aint been hittin them apples too hard :lol: any new steeds in the shed ?

Author:  reptile smile [ Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:02 am ]
Post subject: 

Am I up for it? Does the Pope sh*t in the woods? Of course - whatever the weather ;)

Know nothing about Woodbury, loved Haldon, and am happy to cycle round anywhere; the more up and down, the better.

Sounds good, and am looking forward to it!

Author:  tiboltrider [ Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:07 am ]
Post subject: 

reptile smile wrote:
Sounds good, and am looking forward to it!

St Davids again? :roll: :D :lol:

Author:  kirbdug [ Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:39 pm ]
Post subject: 

thanks for the pm tim

hopefully can make the ride (all depends on my back as i have knackered it)

mark :D

Author:  SPACE MONKEY [ Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:42 am ]
Post subject: 

I would like to go but, dont have a retro ride at the moment (sold my Kona and have'nt found a replacement yet). I do have a 08 Rocky Mountain Blizzard with rigid forks if thats ok?

Always up for a ride at Haldon, always happy to try somewhere esle too.

Thanks for the pm Tim

Author:  tiboltrider [ Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:09 pm ]
Post subject: 

kirbdug wrote:
hopefully can make the ride (all depends on my back as i have knackered it)

Big girl! :lol:

SPACE MONKEY wrote:
I would like to go but, dont have a retro ride at the moment (sold my Kona and have'nt found a replacement yet). I do have a 08 Rocky Mountain Blizzard with rigid forks if thats ok?

Yeah sure! You may find something to buy in the post ride jumble :wink:

Author:  totti [ Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:19 pm ]
Post subject: 

Woodbury is fine by me...
Be great to ride some of the tracks I last rode / raced on 15 years ago.

Apart from that last hill up to the old finish line... bollocks will it be "great to ride" that bugger.

Author:  cyfa2809 [ Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:04 pm ]
Post subject: 

dartmoor would be ok for me as i could ride there possibly (was up clearbrook the other day, from plym valley (my home 'trails') and there is a track that goes to yelverton from there, not massively offroad though..)

but decide between yourseleves and i will see if i can hitchhike or whatever is applicable :lol:

Author:  tiboltrider [ Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:59 am ]
Post subject: 

So, it looks like Woodbury Common then!!! Less than two weeks to go :D

Author:  totti [ Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:31 pm ]
Post subject: 

Oh bugger, I always forget to think about how I will get there.
Could be a problem, is anyone going from Paignton / Torquay, that "may" have room for me and my bike?

I maybe able to borrow a bigger car for the day though, but just putting the word out there early in case anyone can help...

Cheers!

PS Tim, the Orange will be sent back to me on the 7th/8th so hopefully built up by the 17th!

Author:  tiboltrider [ Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:09 pm ]
Post subject: 

totti1978 wrote:
Could be a problem, is anyone going from Paignton / Torquay, that "may" have room for me and my bike?

I maybe able to borrow a bigger car for the day though, but just putting the word out there early in case anyone can help...

PS Tim, the Orange will be sent back to me on the 7th/8th so hopefully built up by the 17th!

If Reptile Smile needs picking up from Exeter I can just take your bike (or a spare one of mine :roll: :lol: ). If he doesn't need a lift I could take you and your bike. Buy a full size car!!! :P

Author:  totti [ Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:05 pm ]
Post subject: 

tiboltrider wrote:
Buy a full size car!!! :P

Lol...It is a full size car! It just has less 2 seats, no storage space and the engine in the correct place, that's the rear by the way. :wink:

Should be ok for bikes, however... I won't turn down the chance of riding one of the hundred ti bikes you have!

Author:  cyfa2809 [ Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:57 pm ]
Post subject: 

where is woodbury common?

Author:  tiboltrider [ Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:46 pm ]
Post subject: 

cyfa2809 wrote:
where is woodbury common?

Between Exeter and Exmouth. Not too much further for us! :D

Author:  cyfa2809 [ Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:56 pm ]
Post subject: 

can you google map it for me please
and what is the riding like there?

Author:  tiboltrider [ Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:26 pm ]
Post subject: 

Here's some stuff >>>

http://www.embc.uk.net/riding_woodbury.php

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGi7T3jSD1U

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woodbury_Common,_Devon

To get to Woodbury, leave the M5 at the services junction (30) and take the road towards Exmouth and Budleigh Salterton (B3059). Follow signs for Woodbury. When you get to Woodbury, go straight through the village and carry on up the hill, still towards Budleigh. Carry on up the hill until you reach the crossroads at the top (2 miles). Woodbury Common is now directly in front of you.

Author:  tiboltrider [ Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:29 pm ]
Post subject: 

and...

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=128837

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... t=woodbury

Author:  OCB [ Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:59 pm ]
Post subject: 

*sigh* I'm almost certainly out for this one (too) :?
See you all next time (hopefully!) :wink:

Author:  TDIfurby [ Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:36 pm ]
Post subject: 

I'm still in at the moment although my crank/BB area is making an awful noise when pedalling hard. Think it is going to need some work :(

Author:  coomber [ Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:15 am ]
Post subject: 

This is a day after the Haytor Heller, a 10k run on Hay Tor that I was signed up for (no I dont ever run unless to the pub).

Think I might be lagging!

Author:  Iwasgoodonce [ Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:21 am ]
Post subject: 

I did my first race on Woodbury in about 1988 I think. It was won by a young unknown called Andy Gordon who went on to race for GT and also discover the perils of too much too soon.

Shame its not a week later as i am returning for a week.

Have a good 'un.

Author:  tiboltrider [ Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:04 am ]
Post subject: 

Iwasgoodonce wrote:
... It was won by a young unknown called Andy Gordon who went on to race for GT and also discover the perils of too much too soon.

I bought a GT Team tshirt from Andy after he fell ill at a Coombe Park race he was watching. Wasn't it an over training / white blood cell problem?

Author:  totti [ Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:06 pm ]
Post subject: 

tiboltrider wrote:
Iwasgoodonce wrote:
... It was won by a young unknown called Andy Gordon who went on to race for GT and also discover the perils of too much too soon.

I bought a GT Team tshirt from Andy after he fell ill at a Coombe Park race he was watching. Wasn't it an over training / white blood cell problem?

I think you are right about the illness. He was very, very good, a really nice guy too.

Author:  tiboltrider [ Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:37 pm ]
Post subject: 

Here's the details of the meeting place >>>

It's the Four Firs carpark, just up from the Castle one we met at last time! It's where the B3179 crosses the B3180. 1000 for roughly a 1030 start.

http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/136512

http://getamap.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/get ... 0319786388

Attachments:
Four Firs Map.JPG
Four Firs Map.JPG [ 54.13 KiB | Viewed 256 times ]
Four Firs Photo.JPG
Four Firs Photo.JPG [ 74.38 KiB | Viewed 256 times ]

Author:  brownpools [ Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:28 am ]
Post subject: 

unfortunatley i cant make it as i will be riding up at Afan in wales for the weekend as part aof a stag do. have fun

Author:  cyfa2809 [ Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:21 am ]
Post subject: 

not sure yet
have to ask my mate

and over training?! :shock: how does one over train!?

Author:  tiboltrider [ Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:42 pm ]
Post subject: 

cyfa2809 wrote:
...and over training?! :shock: how does one over train!?

Not sure, but I'm in no danger of doing it! That was back in '93 / '94. If it's the same Andy Gordon he won the Vet race at Newnham Park in Plymouth in May this year.

Author:  coomber [ Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:07 pm ]
Post subject: 

Went there today and got quite lost, but found some new bits (for me). Its pretty dry there and should be awesome for next Sunday.

Author:  fredgassit [ Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:02 pm ]
Post subject: 

Should be able to make it, got something on the Saturday. Shoudl I ride my Saracen 853, or should i dig out the more modern but rarer Slingshot?

Author:  coomber [ Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:26 pm ]
Post subject: 

fredgassit wrote:
Should be able to make it, got something on the Saturday. Shoudl I ride my Saracen 853, or should i dig out the more modern but rarer Slingshot?

Bring out the saracen!

Author:  rupeww [ Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:23 pm ]
Post subject: 

Hi Chaps, not sure if I should be looking at SW meets, or west mids as I'm on the edge of both, but I do like devon!

I might be able to come along, it will be my first outing on a new (old) bike that hasn't actually arrived yet!

Author:  tiboltrider [ Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:10 pm ]
Post subject: 

rupeww wrote:
...not sure if I should be looking at SW meets, or west mids as I'm on the edge of both, but I do like devon!

8) , welcome!

rupeww wrote:
I might be able to come along, it will be my first outing on a new (old) bike that hasn't actually arrived yet!

Hope it comes in time. There is one rule though - Newbies must bring cakes! :lol:

Author:  mattbrown [ Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:32 pm ]
Post subject: 

should be up for this

Author:  onza100 [ Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:09 pm ]
Post subject: 

Any idea how long we'll be riding for?

Author:  tiboltrider [ Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:22 pm ]
Post subject: 

onza100 wrote:
Any idea how long we'll be riding for?

If we meet at 1000, start riding about 1030, probably be out 'til 1230 - 1300 allowing for riding and chatting. If anybody wants to go out again after lunch I'd be up for that :P

Author:  tiboltrider [ Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:05 am ]
Post subject: 

There's a couple of us meeting at Haldon Forest 1600 (or 4pm) Today Tuesday 12th July if you want to join us!!! - Bit short notice for most! :D

Author:  Gravy Monster [ Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:36 am ]
Post subject: 

Hi Tim, I am unfortunatley not going to be able to make Sundays ride, I have tried to pull a few strings but am going to have to give in :( and hope I can make the next one.

Looks like you will have a good turn out and I hope the weather is good, Make sure Kirbdug goes for a swim again :lol:

Cheers

James 8)

Author:  rupeww [ Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:29 pm ]
Post subject: 

Bike arrived today! Its flippin awesome, too lovely to actually take out and get it dirty!!

I'm determined to give it the use it deserves and the love that it needs so all being well see you lot on sunday! Might have to be Mr kiplings from the petrol station for cakes though!!

I will have the kettle on as well.

Author:  tiboltrider [ Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:51 pm ]
Post subject: 

Gravy Monster wrote:
I am unfortunatley not going to be able to make Sundays ride...

Make sure Kirbdug goes for a swim again :lol:

:cry: , hopefully see ya on the next one! and yep, I'll try :lol:

rupeww wrote:
Bike arrived today! Its flippin awesome...

I'm determined to give it the use it deserves and the love that it needs so all being well see you lot on sunday! Might have to be Mr kiplings from the petrol station for cakes though!!

I will have the kettle on as well.

8) What bike is it? yum, cakes :wink:

Author:  TDIfurby [ Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:49 pm ]
Post subject: 

I'm out sadly. :( Managed to break my recently purchased (off here) XT mech and won't be able to get a replacement in time.

Author:  BarneyRubble [ Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:57 pm ]
Post subject: 

rupeww wrote:
Hi Chaps, not sure if I should be looking at SW meets, or west mids as I'm on the edge of both, but I do like devon!

I'd quite like the next SW ride to happen a bit further North, maybe the Mendips, or even Ashton Court in Bristol, :) as so far everything seems to take place in Devon or even further South/East (I'm thinking IOW). :(

Perhaps we can rally some troops? I've tried in the past but virtually no one seemed interested. :?

Author:  coomber [ Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:02 pm ]
Post subject: 

So which car park are we meeting in? Did I miss that part?

Author:  tiboltrider [ Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:49 pm ]
Post subject: 

coomber wrote:
See page 4! TDI What XT mech do u need? I'll lend or sell u 1 if u turn up. Pm me!

Author:  TDIfurby [ Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:27 pm ]
Post subject: 

tiboltrider wrote:
coomber wrote:
See page 4! TDI What XT mech do u need? I'll lend or sell u 1 if u turn up. Pm me!

Bottom pull M-31.8 FDM739

I would come along if you had the right mech for me as its only 4 to 5 miles from where I live and I'll be free in the afternoon time (got a Pistonheads car meet in the early morning)

Author:  tiboltrider [ Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:52 am ]
Post subject: 

Bottom pull M-31.8 FDM739

Yep, if I haven't got the correct one I'll lend u one that'll fit for the day.

Author:  Gravy Monster [ Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:02 pm ]
Post subject: 

BarneyRubble wrote:
I'd quite like the next SW ride to happen a bit further North, maybe the Mendips, or even Ashton Court in Bristol, :) as so far everything seems to take place in Devon or even further South/East (I'm thinking IOW). :(

Perhaps we can rally some troops? I've tried in the past but virtually no one seemed interested. :?

Yep, Bristol / Mendips would be great, Sunday are best for me but not the 1st 2 weekends in August :( Start a thread and lets see what we can drum up 8)

Author:  cyfa2809 [ Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:31 pm ]
Post subject: 

dont think im going to be able to make this again :(
mate hasnt replied

Author:  tiboltrider [ Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:13 pm ]
Post subject: 

cyfa2809 wrote:
dont think im going to be able to make this again :(
mate hasnt replied

:facepalm: , not again. Organise a Plymouth ride and we'll come to you!

A Bristol ride would be 8) Ashton Court and Leigh Woods!

Author:  TSC. [ Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:16 am ]
Post subject: 

If I can get away I'll come up, but wouldn't be able to get to Four Firs until at least 10:30 at the earliest. :-)

Author:  cyfa2809 [ Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:36 am ]
Post subject: 

:lol: :oops:

Author:  rupeww [ Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:25 am ]
Post subject: 

Hows the weather looking down that way guys?

Author:  tiboltrider [ Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:30 am ]
Post subject: 

Just a bit of drizzle!

Author:  rupeww [ Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:33 am ]
Post subject: 

Chucking it down here and set for all day tomorrow too. Forecast does look better for devon than for here though, might it actually be dry tomorrow?

Not that I'm fair weather only of coures, but its a long way to come for a wash out.

Author:  rojo [ Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:36 am ]
Post subject: 

Raining heavy here and only 5 minutes from woodbury common. :(

Author:  superstu [ Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:36 pm ]
Post subject: 

I've just been told I'm missing my mother-in-laws birthday for this! Oops.

Author:  rojo [ Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:46 pm ]
Post subject: 

Weather is blue skies now.

Author:  tiboltrider [ Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:22 pm ]
Post subject: 

I'm off to work. Hopefully see a few of you tomorrow morning. Laters! :D

Author:  TSC. [ Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:59 pm ]
Post subject: 

Will text you when I'm leaving Torquay Tim, hoping to be at Four Firs for about 10:15. Don't leave without me *shakes fist*. :)

Author:  onza100 [ Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:34 am ]
Post subject: 

just finished putting the bike togeather fingers crossed!

Author:  tiboltrider [ Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:31 am ]
Post subject: 

Yep ok ^^^ you two!

Author:  coomber [ Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:47 am ]
Post subject: 

Dont let the rain put you off! See you there.

Author:  mattbrown [ Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:05 am ]
Post subject: 

im backing out on this one (again) :(

too wet for my liking

Author:  coomber [ Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:22 am ]
Post subject: 

mattbrown wrote:
im backing out on this one (again) :(

too wet for my liking

Fair weather rider! :lol:

Author:  TSC. [ Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:00 pm ]
Post subject: 

Great ride people, really enjoyed that. :-)

Oh & Matt, it was 99.9% dry. :lol:

Author:  superstu [ Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:12 pm ]
Post subject: 

Great fun, some nice tracks and good banter. Well done Tim for organising and Jim for your ginger cake! Nice to meet you all.

Oh, and I'm not in too much trouble either, bonus!

Author:  onza100 [ Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:37 pm ]
Post subject: 

Nice to meet you all chaps had a great ride. Was good to put some faces to names.
Thanks for the Tomac catalogue Jim. Can you ask Mrs Jim for her ginger cake recipe please? :lol:

Author:  tiboltrider [ Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:08 pm ]
Post subject: 

Linky to the aftermath thread >>>

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... highlight=

Author:  jimbo-xc [ Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:37 pm ]
Post subject: 

well, I can ask but she's a bit defensive about recipes. Should be able to sneak it out while she's @ work!
Her flat tyre was a tube failure around the valve. Now replaced & the Kona tyre & 1 green ano straddle hanger fitted cheers Tim. Other one to do after coffee & homemade tiffin (amazing stuff this latest batch!)

Author:  tiboltrider [ Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:46 pm ]
Post subject: 

So who's up for Bristol (Ashton Court and Leigh Woods) on Sunday 21st August (I can't make the 28th) if I start a thread? :P

Author:  onza100 [ Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:14 pm ]
Post subject: 

I'm at retro rides this weekend :(

Author:  totti [ Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:24 pm ]
Post subject: 

tiboltrider wrote:
So who's up for Bristol (Ashton Court and Leigh Woods) on Sunday 21st August (I can't make the 28th) if I start a thread? :P

Sounds good... however, as per usual: 2 Seater sports car = no room for bike :?
Also, it's the Torbay 10Km run on that day... which I was planning on entering. Still, haven't entered yet though!
Any other dates in mind Tim?

It's only fair to arrange a SW meet outside of Devon...

Author:  tiboltrider [ Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:28 pm ]
Post subject: 

totti1978 wrote:
tiboltrider wrote:

Sounds good... however, as per usual: 2 Seater sports car = no room for bike :?
Also, it's the Torbay 10Km run on that day... which I was planning on entering. Still, haven't entered yet though!
Any other dates in mind Tim?

It's only fair to arrange a SW meet outside of Devon...

Could give ya a lift.

Sunday 4th September?

Author:  totti [ Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:11 am ]
Post subject: 

tiboltrider wrote:

Could give ya a lift.

Sunday 4th September?

Be great if you could, bearing in mind the race is about a month away and I have done NO running training for it...

I guess my knee will prefer a bit of cycling to running anyway... 21st Aug or 4th Sept will be fine... see what everyone else is up for and I'll fit in with that!

Author:  tiboltrider [ Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:18 am ]
Post subject: 

>>>

Attachments:
bistro_gravy_power[1].jpg
bistro_gravy_power[1].jpg [ 25.89 KiB | Viewed 255 times ]

Author:  Gravy Monster [ Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:50 am ]
Post subject: 

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Im on the case :wink:

Started 8) http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... 64#1188464

Author:  brownpools [ Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:53 pm ]
Post subject: 

Is here any plans for another local south west ride?

Author:  tiboltrider [ Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:16 pm ]
Post subject: 

brownpools wrote:
Is here any plans for another local south west ride?

Here's the next one, in Bristol >>>

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... c&start=30

pm me if you have any other suggestions of places and dates :D