South West - Retro Ride - 17th July - Woodbury C'mon!!!

So, where's it going to be?

• Woodbury Common

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Haldon Forest

• Somewhere else

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tiboltrider

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Just starting a thready for another SW Retro ride!

Hopefully the weather will be better this time :facepalm:

I've spoken to a couple of other members and the 17th July is looking good for us so far. So, Woodbury Common or Haldon?

I'll be pm'ing alot of of the SW riders over the next day or two so hopefully we'll get a good turnout :D

I'm easy, both are great really... however, from a purely retro point of view, Woodbury means more to me as I raced there god knows how many times.

Having said that, it is a killer on the bikes cos of the gritty terrain.
Also there is the added excitement / danger of being shot by Royal Marines on exercises...lol!
Haldon is perhaps more accessible and rider friendly.
Either way I don't mind, all that matters is a good turn out and good weather.

See you all there!

I'd like to get to know Woodbury better as I just meander and get lost (as I did yesterday in the rain) so would prefer that or somewhere else over Haldon.

Hope I can make this one.

does any one know of any trails around the Blackdown hills or dartmoor, just thought i would throw it in as an alternative. :D

Woodbury gets my vote as I used to ride & race there all the time in mid 90's but hardly ever do now. Then again, Haldon is fine! Quantocks or Exmoor might be good alternatives.
Bike jumble too I hope!

I know a nice route on Dartmoor from Hound Tor, to Jay's Grave, Hamel Down, Widecombe and back to Jay's Grave followed by an extra bit on the end if anyone wants to do that instead? :D

tiboltrider":85nu3pn9 said:
I know a nice route on Dartmoor from Hound Tor, to Jay's Grave, Hamel Down, Widecombe and back to Jay's Grave followed by an extra bit on the end if anyone wants to do that instead? :D

Is hound tor near Hay Tor? I run the Hay Tor once a year (not fun!)
This sounds like an interesting alternative.

Latest posts

Back