Sorry Chaps, I have resigned as Anglian AEC

REKIBorter

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Due to my sons ill health I am having to resign as Anglian AEC with immediate effect. Jake is not doing well, he needs a wheelchair to get around nowdays which is hard for him and his mum. Most weekends are taken up with respite care or therapy for him so every moment together is precious.

I am not going anywhere, will still be around, but commiting to attend events will be difficult.

Chris

jonnyboy666":2bu2uf4i said:
very sorry to hear that :(

Indeed.

But family, especially kids, need to come first.

Thanks for your dedication bud, and all the best to you, your family and your little man.

Re: Sorry Chaps, I need to resign as Anglian AEC

REKIBorter":3l8m022m said:
Due to my sons ill health I am having to resign as Anglian AEC with immediate effect. Jake is not doing well, he needs a wheelchair to get around nowdays which is hard for him and his mum. Most weekends are taken up with respite care or therapy for him so every moment together is precious.

I am not going anywhere, will still be around, but commiting to attend events will be difficult.

Chris

Theres not much you can say to that... just not a nice thing to go through. I can only offer my help if you ever need it.

'tis wise to be at home and not having to sort us lot out.

Don't know what condition he has, but I have an almost 2 year old with Cerebral Palsy (PVL) so cannot walk or sit properly and I know and certainly my wife does the time and attention it takes.

But yours sound worse :(

Jake has autism and Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy. DMD is a muscle wasting disease which progresses rapidly once they reach 7 yo. Basically the muscle stop repairing themselves so they become weaker and weaker over time. The first muscle to be noticably effected are the large ones in the legs. This time last year Jake was running around like any other boy of his age. Yes, it's sad, he doesn't have much of a life to look forward to but we need to keep positive for him.

We are trying to squeeze in as many experiences for him as we can while he still has some mobility. We are going to Disney Florida in October this year with no expense spared.

We are in two minds what to do, prolong the inevitable with the treatments available or let nature take it's course. Both will have the same result in the end but he may live a few years more but his quality of life by that time will not be good.

Thanks for your kind words guys, really appreciate it :cool:

My brothers running in the London BUPA 10K in May in support of DMD Trust and just about to pass £250 pledge on JustGiving by the looks of it. His colleague son was recently diagnosed with it :(.

Brought a lump to my throat reading that Chris :(

If the treatment doesnt hurt the little man, keep it up and get as much time as you can.

what can you say

If you need anything, anytime, your 30minutes from me mate. Even if it's someonew to talk to or a gofor I'm your man.

Back