lewis1641

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
Kona Fan
GT Fan
Feedback
View
nothing too extreme this week and hopefully less mud, or at least less sticky mud.

planning on leaving brigg at 9 (prompt if we can - i've got loads to do!) and ride for a couple of hours tops.

there are three woods around broughton and when i was a nipper we used to have loads of fun in there. we had a route that linked all 3 woods and included an ace downhill round the back of the steel works.

recently large areas of the woods have been sold off and i have noticed a lot of no entry signs when walking my dogs there. i have also heard from the locals that the new landowners are really not welcoming...

basically meeting in brigg and hitting the road to broughton or meet us in broughton if you like. there is an off road route to the village but it is along the bank of the ancholme river so its arrow straight, flat, narrow and long grass/ mud so no fun at all.

plan is do a lap of wood 1, cross the village and do same in wood 2. find the bridleway that drops behind the steel works to santon, a mile of road, ride through wood 3, back to do another lap of honour in wood 1. home. brew

so far there will be mikef350, his mate matt, possibly andyb (we'll warn the locals) and myself.

weather is forecast for -4!

just to make it clear, i am trying to find a route through the open parts of the woods, not trying to get shot!

Would love to come but promised the Mrs a week off and got a shed to build :(

Are we still on for next Sunday at Chris's?

chrisv40":3mor4a12 said:
Would love to come but promised the Mrs a week off and got a shed to build :(

Are we still on for next Sunday at Chris's?

i believe we are. it clashes with the midlands ride but i'm carless anyway so scunthorpe is good for me.

how's the ancle?

Gonna give this one a miss, I have a hangover from hell planned for tomorrow!

Should be up for the Scunny ride next weekend though

Ankles not too good to be honest Dave but it doesnt hurt when I ride so the longer I'm on a bike the better :LOL:

at donnington race track from silly oclock,have a good un boys.if its dry we can maybe loop a broughton wood loop in with the scunny ride?

Back