Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
pickle":2a6jnh8s said:
In the next month or so we need to decide where we will stage our 'big' meet

Edit: Have changed the date for this meet to 10th & 11th July

LGF and I discussed the Alconbury Midnight Growler meet which was aborted as a winter meet due to that part of the world being mostly under water at this time of year. Hows about a mid-summer ride start in the early evening and ride until sunset. Alconbury is more or less the geographical centre of our regions. LGF says there are goods routes around the area. Just an idea, you may have others.

Please discuss ...

where ever we go can we make a weekend of it say saturday morning to sunday morning with a bbq and beer in the evening could be a great to make a weekend of it :shock: :cool:

just an idea so please DONT SHOOT ME il bring the steak and and sausages ;) :cool:

cannondale king":ffog5jgx said:
where ever we go can we make a weekend of it say saturday morning to sunday morning with a bbq and beer in the evening could be to make a weekend of it

just an idea so please DONT SHOOT ME il bring the steak and and sausages ;) :cool:

I had a similar thought, ride 'til sunset then BBQ. Possibly camp out?

Probably not a good idea Dan, it's the w/e after mayhem. I would imagine a fair few of use would have trouble commiting to 2 w/e's in a row away.

Average Mark":15eaq8ew said:
Probably not a good idea Dan, it's the w/e after mayhem. I would imagine a fair few of use would have trouble commiting to 2 w/e's in a row away.

The date is not fixed

sunday would be best for me. work 6 days and huntingdon is about 2 hours drive. if you did sat/camp/sun i could drive down after work for the festivities and sunday ride though :cool:

lewis1641":3vq322x2 said:
sunday would be best for me. work 6 days and huntingdon is about 2 hours drive. if you did sat/camp/sun i could drive down after work for the festivities and sunday ride though :cool:

say a saturday though sunday i think this could be a good thing maybe pitch up saturday afternoon at a camp site (to be decided) then bbq beer chat poss night bimble followed by sunday ride then home thus giving people time to catch up on things and chill :D :D :D :D :D :D and as chris said all we need really is a date thats best for everyone

Commiting to a 'camp out' is not all that easy with having 2 kids plus baby (well, toddler).

Just a day would be better for me.....but I dont want to ruin the majority.

As I said on the Brigg thread, I can host a Lincoln meet. I have 2 big loops on my doorstep, 1 of which can be split into 3 distances.

So, if you wanted to do a 3 hour ride, back to mine for lunch (or BBQ) then do either a 1 or 2 hour ride thereafter that could work??

is there a camp site near you? i think it would be a great idea, especially for those coming from east anglia/south lincs. i love the idea of it but might not be able to camp but stilol, nothing stopping those that want to from doing so.

your back yard is pretty big pickle! :shock:

bet the neighbours would love that !!

lewis1641":2w4hczy7 said:
is there a camp site near you?

your back yard is pretty big pickle! :shock:

bet the neighbours would love that !!

No campsite close by that I'm aware of, but hey, as you say I do have a big back garden :LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back