lewis1641

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
Kona Fan
GT Fan
Feedback
View
went out for a ride with mikef350 on his freshly built marin and andy b on his awesome orange 5. i took along my rocky mountain single speed and a hangover.

it was just a quick ride as time was against us but fun was had. 2 mechanicals though! i lost chain tension so needed to sort that which somehow resulted in my brake hitting my tyre. mike also had chain issues and managed to snap a new chain.

fortunately 2 of the 3 of us are competent spanner men so all was resolved.

we had a bit of bike swappage. mike's marin is way too big for me but feels really fast. it is spurring me on to put a rigid fork back in my khs.

i was really impressed with andy's 5. really really sweet. just too many gears and too comfortable! ;)

short and sweet but good to meet another retrobiker in the area

2ikcrr7.jpg

2kxev.jpg

Was good to get out again & meet more local riders

After around 6 months with little riding it was quite a shock to the system & to my lungs (must remember to see a Dr & get an inhaler!)

Quite a mix of bikes on the ride, fully rigid Marin, hardtail Rocky Mountain & a rather large sofa, er Orange 5...

A short but enjoyable loop and after a little bit of bike swapping I decided I really liked steel hardtails, it'd been so long since I 'd ridden a steel hardtail I'd forgotten how nice they were. Good job as I've just bought one!

Must do this more often & get a big Lincs ride planned oop in North Lincs area.

pickle":31ffbz6w said:
In the next month or so we need to decide where we will stage our 'big' June meet

Any thoughts on this? Still getting over the last one and don't expect any bike mags to turn up to cover it :LOL:

DOH! Sorry edited instead of quoted. Too much power! Reki

Pickle":9dj2e9l4 said:
Andy B":9dj2e9l4 said:
Must do this more often & get a big Lincs ride planned oop in North Lincs area.

Yes, I agree.

In the next month or so we need to decide where we will stage our 'big' June meet
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=82003

I dont mind hosting it at my place, and do the 3hr loop around my trails. As usual, Kirsten can provide food and drinks post ride.

Comments on a postcard please.......

i think the big one would be great in the grimsby area. i have ridden a few trails around there and i know andy knows a lot more.

are you up for a ride this sunday boys?

lewis1641":ppwilebp said:
i think the big one would be great in the grimsby area. i have ridden a few trails around there and i know andy knows a lot more.

are you up for a ride this sunday boys?

Right, I think the best thing to do would be ride your route and discuss what we all want.

I've got LGF round this coming Sunday to help me finish the Zaskar, so next Sunday would be best.

Can we pull Andy, Mike, Longy, Marcus etc in for it? I'm sure Mark would be up for next week as well.

FluffyChicken":1ee8ho26 said:
To the North Linc'ers if I get my arse on the bike this year I should hopefully be meeting up with ChrisV40 on a Sunday which is when he apparently goes for a wonder along the tracks.

It would probably be from here (though since I have to ride there i'll be knackered all ready :oops: )

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&sourc ... 7&t=h&z=16

if you dont mind a slow fatty bringing up the rear will you give me a shout if you do any sunday rides.

Where are you from then Lewis?
Do you know the area Fluffy and I are on about?

It would be great if you could join us, as Fluffychicken said I go out most Sundays for a couple of hours but can make it a longer ride if you want ;)

i dont know your area at all but am keen to try it! a couple of hours is good for me.

me and mikef350 both live in brigg, about 15 miles south of hull.

Back