lewis1641

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
Kona Fan
GT Fan
Feedback
View
hi all. i have been snowed under this month doing tax returns but i want to organise a retroride towards the end of february. i can only do sundays and as it is my ride, sunday it shall be! i am thinking 21st or 28th.

my area of the country isnt the best but i am thinking of planning 2 possible rides.

1. if plenty of people turn up we will ride the brigg/barnetby/kirmington area

or broughton/scunthorpe if chris or marcus could make the scunthorpe bit interesting.

2. if only a few can make it we can meet at my parents and ride part of the wolds - i'll need help with this as i only know 1 10lmiler but it is a nice ride.

what do people want out of the ride? if it is brigg/scunthorpe are it is inevitable that there will be some road miles and possibly the odd public footpath

shall i try and find a landlord who will let us park in their pub on the promise of a post ride pint?

my problem is that in my area of the worls there are a lot of footpaths, quite a few bridleways but they never seem to go anywhere so a bit of road is going to be needed somewhere.

also its not very hilly!

guys, its over to you

Re: LINCOLNSHIRE RIDE - help needed with route and date sugg

lewis1641":1y96nhb1 said:
i have been snowed under this month

No pun intended ;)

Either date should be fine. Just commit to one and I'll clear it with the Guvn'r my end!

Park at your parents sounds fine, and lets hit some footpaths and bridleway's :LOL:

Think I'm free for both dates.

Any riding would be good as I am sooo unfit at the mo.

legrandefromage":19grh00j said:
Sundays are always good and its not too far.

***edit***

Scunthorpes feckin' miles away....

Pop up to mine and you can hitch a ride with me.......as long as you havent for the lurgey again! :LOL:

legrandefromage":1vmretl8 said:
yeah, I can snooze then, unless you are playing 'drum without bass' in the Vectra. :LOL:

Hey, the Vectra is mine now so I can make it 'drum WITH bass' :cool:

Although, having said that, its handy being able to get a bike it the back without having to take the wheels out.....

bass

or bikes

bass

or bikes

Hmmmmmmmm............. :?

You need a van in your life.

I'm off for a recce ride on sunday trying to extend the route i know. There's plenty of bridleways around there looking at the map but i don't know how good a route i can make. The current one i've done with my dad a few times is only 10 miles.

Is anyone around this sunday for a ride?

Back