3rd January - Thetford

Status
Not open for further replies.

Average Mark

Retrobike Rider
Was thinking of heading to Thetford on the 3rd with Matty, anyone fancy it? see the new year in again with a ride round the forest?

Usual spot at 10:30am

Location for those who may need it:
Brandon Country Park Visitor Centre
Bury Road
Brandon
Suffolk
IP27 0SU

Parking is free, there is a very good cafe - opens at 10:00am for the early arrivals - that sells tea / coffee & cakes also hot meals. We usually ride for a couple of hours in the morning then stop for lunch and then head out for a couple more hours afterwards. If you are worried about not being fit enough to come along it is not a problem, we have riders of all abilities turn up, from overweight '40 something' blokes like me to XC race whipetts. Thetford Forest has a mixture of fire road and twisty singletrack, the conditions are generally good this time of year and the trails only become sticky after days of heavy rain. Looking forward to seeing you all. Retro bikes not compulsary if you only have a modern bike to ride ;)

How about a warm up at the Cannock Turkey Twizler this Sunday? I am not working all week so should be at level 10 cabin fever by next weekend so a ride around Theters sounds ideal. We could use it to plan our regional meet in February which I haven't really told you much about yet :oops:

This reminds me of last new year - the tunstall recce - better not upset any locals :LOL:

Looks like me as well. For the morning only. Have to find someone to look after my daughter. Son doesn't want to come though!

i'll put in for a pass, should have the new boiler done by then. still havent sorted a longer seat post for elite ;thinks; should i quickly fit rc 35s to funk??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back