Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:18 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 15  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:17 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

Think I will just sod off up to Dalby for the 3rd weekend running then.

Maybe one day a Lincolnshire ride might happen :roll:

Have a good weekend. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:41 pm 
Gold Trader / PoTM Winner / RB Rider

if you want to ride with us you can. pm me your number and i will let you know where and when we will be riding from. wont be anything too adventurous though

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:50 pm 

Well we made it out. Mikef350, myself and my mate gareth. didn't have time for the pines so we headed out to burton on stather. Not been there for years. Dropped down through the woods then up a stupidly steep road hill into the village. Across the village then back down the hill but offroad this time towards flixborough. Past a burnt out van into atkinson's warren and into SAND.gareth decided he'd had enough of conventional riding so hit a tree stump and threw himself over the bars. Bike was fine. 2 mins later and mike's front mech had had enough. Que unscheduled 1x7 conversion. We decided to head back via a pub for a swift one. 20 ish miles, One crash, one mechanical, one burnt out van, no chavs on motor bikes, one bit of abuse from a local middle aged woman(because we pushed bikes up hill) no punctures and no dog poo. Great ride. Sorry for the lack of paragraphs, on my phone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:58 pm 
Retro Guru

I only managed 70miles with the roadies :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:39 am 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

I ended up with a walk with wife and son instead but got an hours ride in this morning back from the garage where car is having an MOT.
Was pootling up a country lane when I heard what I thought was another cyclist behing. However, turned around to see a flipin doberman in full flight - its claws making a strange metallic noise on the tarmac :shock: . Never had my heart beat that high in ages as it kept running and snapping at my back wheel. Luckily it gave up chase after what seemed like an eternity and a lot of shouting at from me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:42 am 

short notice but sunday morning i am planning to go to my parents in east ravendale - near grimsby on the edge of the lincolnshire wolds. there are 3 or 4 of us at the minute and all lacking in fitness. i'm likely to be on a single speed too so if you are fit dont expect a workout! the route we are planning is only about 10 to 15 miles as i dont have much time.

if you are interested pm me your number and we can arrange something. cheers, dave

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:34 pm 
Lincs AEC
Lincs AEC

Sorry guys, I cant do anything as I'm home alone with mini-me all weekend and he cant ride a bike quite yet :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:00 pm 
Moderator /Lincs, E & S Yorks Deputy AEC
Moderator /Lincs, E & S Yorks Deputy AEC

Pickle wrote:
Sorry guys, I cant do anything as I'm home alone with mini-me all weekend and he cant ride a bike quite yet :wink:
stick him in your camelback, sorted ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:32 pm 
Lincs AEC
Lincs AEC

Andy B wrote:
Pickle wrote:
stick him in your camelback, sorted ;)

:shock:

8) :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:06 pm 

Terrible ride today. Went for a bimble on the edge of the wolds. The wind was so strong it was hard work going downhill. In fact it was easier going up with the wind behind than going down the same hill into the wind. Was nice to be out though and good to show off some trails to mike and his new cannondale. I was struggling to keep up all ride and put it down to last nights beer and generally feeling a tad hungover (sorry mike, i lied!) however i now feel like i am dying and have classic 'flu is coming' symptoms so i now feel i rode like a hero! Highlight of the day- mike's wheelie going off course due to the wind. Lowlight, mike waking me up at 7.30 as he'd forgotten the clocks went back.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 15  Next