Wendover? Chilterns?

jujupunk

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Is this really the place for Bucks riders... would be keen to meet up for a ride. Anything being planned??

Hi Dan and jujupunk.

Did someone mention the magic word - HIGHPATH?

There are no RetroBike rides in Bucks that I know of, apart from the annual Cleland reunion ride held on the first Sunday in December. This is organised by me and is intended for any riders interested in the early British school of mountain biking inspired by the bikes of Geoff Apps, who's Cleland Cycles company was originally based in Aylesbury in the late 1970s.

There are also other small rides organised from time to time but these are not promoted though newcomers are more than welcome.

By coincidence, the Rough Stuff fellowship (RSF) do have a section based at High Wycombe and they are holding a joint off-road event with the local branch of the Veteran Cycling Club next Sunday. I will be riding and there should be at least six Clelands being ridden or displayed.

If you would like details of this RSF event contact Francis on 07850 740591 for details.

The nearest RetroBike rides are those of the East Anglia and Lincolnshire group who have a ride on Saturday 21st July 2012 starting from Alconbury near St Neots Cambridgeshire.
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=192406

I hope this info helps.

Graham.

old skool babe":34dx1147 said:
Where is that place in wendover.

Might give it a look... :D
Nice pub in the hills.. :LOL:

Wendover? Next Sundays' ride starts from High Wycombe not Wendover. There will however be a figure-of-8 route with various finishing time options including night riding.

In one event three British traditions of:
* pre-road veteran cycle riding
* Rough Stuff recreational riding (in which almost any type of bike can be used)
* and the Cleland/Highpath tradition of purpose designed off-road bikes
.... all come together at one ride.

This should be a really interesting celebration of these three British, pre-mountain biking, off-roading traditions. :cool:

There will also be American style "Mountain Bikes"

If you would like details of this RSF/V-CC/CXC event contact Francis on 07850 740591

GrahamJohnWallace":jq0ql9i9 said:
Hi Dan and jujupunk.

By coincidence, the Rough Stuff fellowship (RSF) do have a section based at High Wycombe ... ... I will be riding and there should be at least six Clelands being ridden or displayed.

In fact we had nine Clelands and Highpaths being displayed or ridden at this event.

Follow this link for Photos...
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... 06#1516906

Attachments

• Snapshot 6 (30-04-2012 21-25).png
    Snapshot 6 (30-04-2012 21-25).png
    60.7 KB · Views: 4,411
  • Snapshot 1 (30-04-2012 21-26).png
    Snapshot 1 (30-04-2012 21-26).png
    63.9 KB · Views: 4,411
  • Snapshot 2 (30-04-2012 21-09).png
    Snapshot 2 (30-04-2012 21-09).png
    59.2 KB · Views: 4,411