Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:35 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post subject: Midweek Thetford Ride?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:59 pm 
Retro Guru

The one problem with living in the Big Smoke is a lack of trails! And not owning a car means it's difficult to get out of the Big Smoke at weekends :(

To combat this I have decided a day off work during the week is the way forward. Brandon (I think this is the nearest station?) is easy enough for me to get to so I figure I should take a wander around the forest and see what all the fuss is about.

So, does anyone have time free during the week to meet up and show me the Thetford ropes? If not, is it easy enough to find my own way around?

Cheers guys. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:14 pm 
Anglian Deputy AEC
Anglian Deputy AEC

I am not exactly local either so it is difficult to get there mid-week. Regarding the trails, due to recent tree felling at Brandon Country Park the most obvious singletrack has been wrecked. It takes a knowledge of the woods to join together what is left. You would probably be better off heading over to High Lodge and starting with the Red Route which is signposted. The Black Route may be tempting but it is currently in a bad state and is not much fun.

Brandon station would still be your best option for High Lodge.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:14 pm 
Retro Guru

REKIBorter wrote:
I am not exactly local either so it is difficult to get there mid-week. Regarding the trails, due to recent tree felling at Brandon Country Park the most obvious singletrack has been wrecked. It takes a knowledge of the woods to join together what is left. You would probably be better off heading over to High Lodge and starting with the Red Route which is signposted. The Black Route may be tempting but it is currently in a bad state and is not much fun.

Brandon station would still be your best option for High Lodge.

Thanks for this, having had a read of the FC website I think I may pop along soon :D