Fineshades/Warerley Sat afternoon anyone?

danson67

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
A bit short notice, I know, but I fancy a quick bimble around the woods of East Northamptonshire.

Sunday's a no go (dinner at my brother-in-law's), but Saturday's a goer, and the weather's loking good.
2:00 at Wakerley car park, couple of hours nosing around...nothing serious http://www.forestry.gov.uk/website/...hamptonshireRockinghamForestWakerleyGreatWood
Free parking, cafe over at Fineshades next door for a teabreak :D

Lift available en route from Huntingdon area. PM.

All the best,

Mark, I'd join you but I'm spoken for until 1:00. Would you like a lift either way?
I'm returning via Raunds to drop off a frame at Gruff's around 5:30, then home.

well -

Damn smart phones, no signal so couldnt even tell anyone I was there...

Arrived 2pm, left at about 2.35pm feeling miffed. Then got some signal and read my PMs. So less miffed - ships passing in the night.

52.2 miles - aaaaaagh!

Sorry for that, Mark...I was at Wakerley Car Park 2:10-2:30, no signal there either. Then rode the woods for 2 hours...glad you got back OK though. At least it was a beautiful day for an enforced ride home (And Gruff's still got plenty of biscuits left).

Good area though. Maybe we should arrange something a bit better in the future, maybe even a National ride? I'm not usually a fan of trail centres, but at least there were plenty of other paths around and no 'danger of death' signs.

See you around,

Am happy to go again and don't mind riding as the route is achingly picturesque. We can then swamp the bike shop and mock their modern...

Back