thetford summer enduro after the dust has settled.....

lou74

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
the morning after & i can actually walk unaided, which is mega & unexpected if i'm honest.
we all had a good day, super human performances from everyone.
me & jango finished 18th in the 8hr pairs, lewis the wippet & danson did 10th in the 10hr pairs and average mark finished a very unaverage 5th in the 10hr solo racking up an inpressive 16 laps of the 8 mile course (on a ss ya crazy sod!).

pantha magic took plenty of pics i think, once i've gone through them, down sized them, i'll get them up here.

well done the flatlanders, espcially those riding retro...... oh, that'd be me & danson then! ;)

Thanks for the report Lou. Nice to see everybody out in force and enjoying the competition. Dont like to single anybody out but on this occasion feel that result is worthy of it. So here goes! Well done Mark youv'e settled your score and definately raised the bar for all of us that aspire to such a result. Amazing to get only 1 less lap than me and Danson. We definately tried our best. Well done mate.Just to add that Mark finished 16 laps not 15 :D Would like to thank Danson for stepping in for this event at the last minute. Great effort. Lastly would like to thank Cannondale King of Handcraftedwheels.co.uk for paying for the entry for our team. Hope we done you proud. Great sponsorship. Thanks Lewisthewhippet

Typing with claws rather than hands today!. Was an ace race, though the end of the course was just evil. Anyone that's ridden Thetford with us will know most of it. I was worried that they where going to send us up the plumbuster, but they where crueller than that!. First up the Green climb, the first fire road next to it, then down the plumb buster - then up the next fireroad climb parallel to magic carpet ride!.

Just a big huge thanks to all of you for cheering/jeering me on, there where a few times i could of happily called it quits but i would of feared for my life!.

Also damn good results from all the riders, i'm certain we all felt pretty much the same come the end!.

As an aside, Kev, look here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/59052475@N06/5921189537/

:cool:

web.jpg

As an aside, Kev, look here:

I was obviously preparing myself for my next blindingly fast lap :LOL:

Well done to all invlolved, especially Mark, a very fine effort chap :cool:

I really enjoyed it, nice course I thought even with that final climb!

Did Lou use the Funk......whadda ya think, of course he did. Was amusing at the start, all the multi thousand pound full suss bikes lined up and there in the middle casually astride his disintegrating Funk was Lou....a priceless image which I hope we caught on camera!

Who's up for D2D then?

Back