Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Sunday 24th July 2011 Huntingdon, Cambs

The Gates Ride II (The Gates of Wrath!)

10am for 10:30am start.

Starting from Riverside car park, B1514, Hartford Road, Huntingdon, PE29 1WF (nearest postcode - not exact location)

With support from Grafham Cycling

Last years gates rides turned into an epic ride of epic proportions. Not to be missed, this years event takes place on Sunday July 24th. Starting from Riverside car park, B1514, Hartford Road, Huntingdon, PE29 1WF (nearest postcode not exact location) and heading through the very picturesque villages and countryside of Huntingdonshire. Following the river for most of the ride and taking a delightful riverside pub stop for lunch. Sunny weather has been booked for the day so bring along suncream; those who rode last year had some classic cyclist tan lines afterwards. Dust is a certainty for those purveyors of the big D. Last years aftermath thread can be found here if you want to get a flavour of last years event. Early booking recommended.

If any of you want to help publicise this meet copy / paste the text below to your signature.

Code:
[b][url=http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=149739]The Gates of Wrath - 24th July - Huntingdon[/url][/b]
Looks like this > The Gates of Wrath - 24th July - Huntingdon

sdc10528_w800_h600_192.jpg

sdc10534_w800_h600_660.jpg

puuuuuuuub_213.jpg

and_the_winner_is_114.jpg

Really like the sound of this one, but that will be my boy's second birthday and we plan to be a Chester zoo for that.

Have a great time.

I'll be there again, already booked...

If we do it anti-clockwise (to unwind from last year :) ) I could arrange a tea and cake/biscuits stop at mine, ready for the last 7 miles back to Chez LGF...

All the best,

Unfortunately I have to give the gates a miss this time, I'll be doing the London to Cambridge bike ride on the KHS instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back