Chicksands - THURS NIGHT RIDES!

JustKev

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
come on guys/girls - put your jump wheels on your Attitude or Ti-Fat and come play at Chicksands this weekend? Okay maybe not

Anyway I'm planning on heading over for an hour or two on Sunday morning for a few laps of the blue/red routes and maybe a play in the Northshore/4X arena. Not an all dayer - want to be home for a roast at 1!

If anyone wants to join me then let me know and I'll PM you my number.

(if anybody doesn't know where Chicksands is - its 15 mins from J13 of M1 in Bedfordshire and near to Sandy on A1M)

Typical......can't make this Sunday I'm afraid Kev :cry:

I was there on Monday though for the first time in a few years, the old place has changed a bit. I think the local yoof were a bit bemused to see a bike with flat bars and bar-ends going down the dual slalom course and then riding back up :shock:

If my plans change I'll let you know..

Kev

Hey Kev, after a bit of negotiation with the gf I can make it for an early one, meet about 10ish?

Kev

P.S. Should I give REKIborter a call?

All of my MTB's are out of action at the moment* but I will be along to meet Jango to give him some springs he needs for his forks, don't get confused if you see a bike with skinny tyres turn up :shock:

If anyone needs further directions here's a map http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.s...=4&ar=Y&mapp=newmap.srf&searchp=newsearch.srf

The signposts say Rowney Warren, the nearest Train station is Arlesey on Kings Cross line.

* The repair to the swing arm has cracked along a weld, I have obtained a brand new swing arm from Marin - one of only two left in the whole world, cost £200 though :shock:

Jango, CrazyMadSkills and I are riding at Chicksands tonight. 1800 meet in main carpark - all welcome.

Tallpaul - you there? Or football practice?

I will try to get there for 6:00 depends whether I can get away from work in time. Don't wait around for me. Do you intend to make this a regular ride 'cos I would love to dust off my lights for some night riding in a few weeks time? Chicksands in the dark ... haven't done that for about 12 years.

REKIBorter":295ika9s said:
Do you intend to make this a regular ride 'cos I would love to dust off my lights for some night riding in a few weeks time? Chicksands in the dark ... haven't done that for about 12 years.

yes we do - at the moment we're "chasing the light" with the early start. Once its dark anyway we'll probably meet at 630/700 which gives everybody more time.

We'll do about 60-90 mins and then go for a pint at the White Horse!

4X or Northshore in the dark anyone?

Latest posts

Back