Flatlanders B Mountain Mayhem Organisation Thread

lou74

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
thought i'd start this off as an easy way to com with the team as a whole rather than bugger about with pm's.
i'll start with some good news. tues i sorted out ones funk with slicks ready to hop on it wed after work & start so serious training.
now the 'not quite so good news' wed lunchtime, approx 1140 according to the old bill, i got rear ended & no in a pleasurable way either, a direct hit at 30mph in that i was stationary at the time & the general consensus of opinion is that i was the brake. so there is a renault master shaped dent in the back of my renault master! the upshot of this is that i now have a lot of lower back pain, left shoulder pain & both wrist pain. this shouldn't affect the summer, may not be quite as fit as i might have been, more worried about my holiday next month, the one skydiving for a week in sunny spain!
i am going to kick the arse out of it because i will NOT be the only person in the history of time not to get somesort of payout for injury (again!), how knows, maybe i'll be able to buy a pace without a crack!!
lewis

Hi Lou, Sorry to hear of your accident. Hope you're all well and sorted with no lasting injuries soon. Hope to see you out riding soon. All the best Lewis and BoB

Good idea setting this thread up, I did think about it & then promptly forgot :LOL:

Ouch, getting rear ended is not good!

I've been thinking about taking two bikes to MM one set up for dry one for wet, what do other MM riders plan to do bike wise?

Training so far consists of 2 national RB events and the Cake Run yesterday, however with lighter nights just around the corner I will be getting out more in the evenings.

As I live fairly close to Longy, I suspect we may get together for some training rides too

dude thats shite, i hope you have a very speedy recovery and get more than a pace's worth ;)

andy,deffo mate,need to get family life on track, then me lol.had a couple of runs locally and the saracen is fast :twisted: ,rek im taking both aswell,if thats allowed?

if owt needs doing lewis dont hesitate to ask :D

yes chris, they are smashed right in!!! :LOL:

andy, my training so far has been 1 nat, 1 regional & no cake run.
i will be taking 2 if not 3 bikes, just in case, spare wheels, chains, tubes......
funk for day light & retro kudos, pace for the rest & orange for absolute emergencies unless i can get the forks changed.

been signed off for 2 weeks by the doc, not that i can go get any miles in, me back is fooking killin me!

should be fine come mm etc, more concerned about my expensive iminant week skydiving in spain 3rd week in april!!!! have to dig out the cement pills

2 before bed to harden up!! he he

Attachments

• oh me back doors.jpg
    oh me back doors.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 501
GAS SPECALIST :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: sorry lou that bits funny but fubar me that loooks nasty :shock: hope he used lube :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: sorry again my minds in the gutter hope the back gets better sharpish failing that what happens if you sue after going on holiday the lawyers wil prob rinse you saying you where fit and ok for that so why you claiming where as you dont go and claim for not being able to go on your holiday due to injury and get the other guys insurance to re inburse you :cool:

i hear you dan, however, & there is always a however, there's no way i'm not going to spain!

just going for a week in the sun to help my knackered back heal ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) eh!

Back