"THE CHRISTMAS GUT BUSTER" JANUARY THE 23rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

cannondale king

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
As part of the national retrobike meets we in the east(ish) have been asked to a meet together at thetford forest in january so the best bet for us to make the most of the forest is to use it the week before the whyte winter series kill it.

Time: 10.00hrs

Bury Road
Brandon
Suffolk
IP27 0SU

Map here: http://www.multimap.com/s/PJmDkXZS

Details:
Parking is now Pay & Display, there is extra parking in the Orchard car park behind the old peoples home. There is a very good cafe - opens at 10:00am for the early arrivals - that sells tea / coffee & cakes also hot meals. We usually ride for a couple of hours in the morning then stop for lunch and then head out for a couple more hours afterwards.

If you are worried about not being fit (FYI marin man) enough to come along it is not a problem, we have riders of all abilities turn up, from overweight '40+' blokes to XC race whipetts. No one is ever left behind. Thetford Forest has a mixture of fire road and twisty singletrack, the conditions are generally very good this time of year and the trails only become sticky after days of heavy rain. Looking forward to seeing you all. Retro bikes not compulsary if you only have a modern bike to ride. Any questions just send me a pm.

this event is gonna be the best but im gonna need your help with ideas for the day please put your idea's here to make this the best day for all

happy trails and ride free dan ;) :cool:

i think the main man got the date wrong :roll: :roll: it's surposed too be sunday the 23rd not the 21st as thats a friday :shock: :shock: no one rides on a friday round thetford :shock: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

jeez.... come on dan! take bloody charge! 1000 hrs i rekons sounds like we need to do a recce or 3 between now & then chaps inorder that we can show our retro bretheren a cracking time......

sounds good lou im going this sunday :LOL: but i dont think it'll be nice out :LOL: :LOL: thinking 4hrs then stop ;) :LOL: :LOL: oww the joy of racing :LOL: :LOL:

NE&Yorks Area have made this our January 'Ride of the Month' and hope to have a few pop along and show some support. Keep us posted- i will open a thread in our section to drum up some trade.
A long long drive for some of us, so put on a good show Dan!

Si

If its a Sunday, I'm in.

Hope its like last year:

say_fromage_214.jpg

spot_the_retrobike_830.jpg

snowy_singletrack_212.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back