Ride suggestions for 2011

REKIBorter

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
I know we have a RB meet scheduled for January which will be part of the bigger RB calendar events. But, any suggestions where / when anyone wants to ride around our part of the world.

Chicksands is my suggestion, I am sure most of you enjoyed the last ride we had there. Would be nice to do it one warm summers weekend. Woburn is another not far from me, like Chicksands but much bigger with less off-piste trails. Maybe a return visit to Tunstall? before the bracken has a chance to make the singletrack disappear. Or LGF's Alconbury routes both on and off-road - the summer MTB epic is a must-do. I could do an mega-epic 70+ mile road ride that would take in both Jango's and my place (this was a regular ride with Tony-the-roadie during the summer). Have been looking at the local Sustrans network of routes and they are a possibility for travel further afield. I didn't know until recently there is a route half a mile from my house that could take me anywhere I wanted.

What are your thoughts?

The Gates-Of-Hell is an excellent ride out from April onwards

Chicksands was a hoot and not too far for the likes of us overnight workers

I'll have a look see as to what I can string together on the quieter parts of the Shire

I can string together a very nice ride around the Hunstanton area too, great in the winter and even better mid summer.

im more than up for the "gates of hell" missed it last time and im more than up for most rides id love to give chicksands another ride :cool: as that was hopfully tap jango up for a bed for tonight maybe beer will sway it ;) :cool: :LOL:

Back