binbrook rememberance day ride

longun

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
spot on ride with some great mates around lincolnshires rolling wolds.highlights were daves singlespeed going wrong every 10 mins , less to go wrong my arse lol ;) ,the 2 mins silence at 11,quite fitting as we rode around the area most the air force used for bases. the bomb hole next to mechanical number 2,history lesson there :D and the tea room at binbrook,ace cake and cheap!!

heres some pics

PICT0969.jpg

PICT0971.jpg

PICT0974.jpg

PICT0976.jpg

PICT0977.jpg

still clipped in
PICT0981.jpg

ww2 bomb hole
PICT0978.jpg

Thanks to everyone for turning up & for Dave doing a great impression of my usual timekeeping :LOL:

Perfect day for a ride, cool crisp air, a bit of mud under wheel to keep you on your toes and great company.

Longy so far has the title of highest climber up Bombhole Bank (oo-er), the rather steep leafy muddy greasy rooty climb just before mechanical stop no2, that's a killer even in the dry! 1/3rd of the way up was today's best.

Just been looking on a map & the bombhole is in a direct line with Binbrook Airfield's main runway, approx 1 mile away

I guess that Ben & I are now even on the comedy clipped in dismount challenge :LOL:

Good to hear that the Tea Room is decent quality & cheap, next time I'll check it out.

Only got a few pics & one is a duplicate of one of Longy's so left that one out.

Remember
5175265244_d062a0f047_b.jpg

ChrisV40, Ginner, Lewis1641, FluffyChicken
5174653455_6f9593c022_b.jpg

Bikes
5175268928_5a11f5a8f7_b.jpg

Sorry for being late boys, i think our arrival was slightly more subtle than andy's usual arrivals though!

Thanks for making ginner feel welcome again- he is really keen to keep riding with us and is a really good lad. He's only 24 but has a great personality. I think he was born about 30 years too late. He's more like a dad than a mate!

Enjoyed the route too, would be interested to meet for some night rides.

Anyone fancy something this coming sunday?

It was a nice ride, even if we do always seem to start a the bottom of the hill.

No pics from me as no camera. Though it does feel odd not seeing "my" bike in the pictures and that Modern Kona thing in it's place. It rode well and from what I remember before Chris pinched it and gave it back at the end of the ride ;)

Obvious mechanical from me before that steep hill challenge, now how did that happen :roll: :LOL: (though it was a mechanical waiting to happen and I knew I shouldn't have tried granny ring)

£1:10 for a pot of coffee ended the ride nicely.

Quiz:
Q) Guess who the plonker is that bought a brand new helemet this week and promptly forgot to take it on the ride :oops:

Great ride and great company as always :D

Thanks to Andy for leading us around :)

Just wanted to check everything was safe and adjusted correctly for you Ben :LOL:

Just looked up Raf Binbrook on Google and although now disused in 1988 Memphis Belle was filmed there.

Oops sorry andy, forgot to say thanks!

I think that kona suits you chris!

chrisv40":637tzp0r said:
Just looked up Raf Binbrook on Google and although now disused in 1988 Memphis Belle was filmed there.
Forgot about that!

Back