Norwich - Brooke - Saxlingham Ride

sam_white

Diamond Back Fan
I'm considering doing the following route on the weekend of 20/21 of November, day is undecided but it will be this weekend as I'm pretty busy either side, or it'll be postponed until either Dec/Jan.

Route details are at:
http://www.countrysideaccess.norfolk.go ... aspx?id=11
Direct link for a PDF is:
http://www.countrysideaccess.norfolk.go ... alk-11.pdf

I've never riden this before but it is part of my attempt to get out more around Norfolk on my mountain bike to explore what decent riding I might be missing. A lot of the riding is on 'tracks' and bridleways.
My general plan is to ride out to the start from central Norwich to Poringland (most northerly point on the PDF map) and pick up the route from there. If people want to come from afield, Poringland has pub, shops and car parking etc.
Times etc are undecided. The PDF map is poor but I have an O/S map sheet #237 which covers the area at a better scale.

Riding will be retro for me, but I'm not a stickler. Who is interested?

I would like to do this if the weather is not inclement,last time at the blickling area ride something cropped up (I think rain :oops: ) and I could not make it,how far out from yarmouth to the start line :?: roughly,looks about 20 miles to me :?

:shock: not a bad guess then :D

If its not pissing down then I will pop along,I will see if any others are up for it a bit closer to the time as well :cool:

It is going to be a slow ride, as I don't know the route so will be navigating via OS maps the whole way around ...

Nice route. I use to do something similar when I lived in Norwich. There's a nice section that links poringland and Brooke from memory. Will look it up for you. Enjoy boys

marin man":1y5j2aua said:
Chris from yarmouth :shock: Hello I live in that "loverly" town as well :LOL: :cool:

Hi Marin Man.

Lovely. Are we talking about the same place.......... :)

If this is on do you wish too car share?

Chris

Back